CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Happy 90th Birthday Grandpa Johnson!!!

 Today is Grandpa Johnson's 90th birthday! Uncle Rett was in town visiting so all these family members got together with him for dinner last night to celebrate. I'm so thankful that he posted some pictures on Facebook for those of us who couldn't be there.

Uncle Kerry, Aunt Tafta, Uncle Wes, Uncle Todd, Uncle Rett, Cousin Andrew, Uncle Stacey, Aunt Esther
Aunt Carol (Grandpa's sister), Tristen (married to Kelsi)
Grandpa, Cousin Kelsi

 The Johnsons definitely have strong & distinct noses. We just LOVE Aunt Carol. She used to make cakes & made the one for my Mom & Dad's wedding.

 It was nice to sleep in this morning. I tried going to the 12:30 endowment session at the temple, but it was FULL & was Spanish speaking. So, I sat in the chapel and waited for the 1:00 session. I flipped open to Romans & loved this verse in Romans 13:12 ~ "the night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and LET US PUT ON THE ARMOUR OF LIGHT." I have heard of the armour of God, but I have never heard of the armour of light. I thought that was interesting. I LOVE going to the temple, b/c I feel such PEACE when I'm there. The lyrics to the song, "Where Can I Turn For Peace" kept going through my mind. Especially the 3rd verse:

♪ ♫ He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the pace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant his is and kind,
Love without end." ♪ ♫

Frank was going stir crazy & wanted to get out of the house, so Autumn & I talked him into going to see the Greatest Showman. We had a gift certificate that someone had given us for Christmas so we used that. He ended up LOVING it and downloaded the soundtrack on the way home. YAY!!!

No comments: