CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WRETCHED & Then Happy Leap Day

I thought work was busy yesterday, but today was 20 times worse.  There were a few times I almost burst out into tears.  I told myself before getting to work that I would get all the orders put in that I had planned on doing Monday but hadn’t been able to get to.  However, that didn’t happen today either.  I dealt w/ a crazy customer who took up a lot of time.  Then I got some stressful personal news.  I spent the whole day putting out little fires, and was super busy, but I felt like I didn’t get anything accomplished at the end of the day.  In reality I did get a lot done, it just didn’t feel like it.  I haven’t had a day at work like that in a few years, so I cried on the drive home and felt a little better after that.

P1040762 Mom said she would go get Autumn and I met them at McDonald’s.  Mom had a rough day too, so we just sat and talked and cried while Autumn played.  Who says serious conversations can’t be had and major problems solved in a McDonald’s play area?  Anyways, I brought Autumn home and gave her a quick shower and had her put on her jammies and then we went over to Sis. Lee’s for our Laruel’s Leap Day Party.  We decided to “Leap” into trying new things.  Sis. Lee had gone to the store and got a bunch of different foods for the girls to try and rate the foods as to how they liked them.  Here’s what she had:

Apples
Granny
Red Prince
Pink Lady
Lady Alice
Jazz
(I had never heard of Jazz apples, but thought they were good.)

Cheese
Brie
Dubliner
Fontina
Havarti
Gouda
Asiago
(Havarti was my favorite)

Bread
Vienna Loaf
Pumpernickel Rye
Sweet Wheat & Oat
Natural White Batard
Naan
Crumpets
I was excited for the crumpets, but didn’t think they tasted all that great.  I guess I was expecting them to be sweet but they were kind of like English muffins.

Chocolate
Milk
White
Hazelnut
90% cocoa
Chili
(The Chili was interesting b/c it tasted like regular chocolate at first but then about 5 seconds in there was a kick of spice.  The 90% cocoa one was so NASTY!  It was like eating a mouthful of baking cocoa).

Miscellaneous
Cherry Rhubarb
2 types of Hummus
Baklava

We did each grouping as a different course.  It was an awesome activity and the girls LOVED it. 

P1040771 At the end of the tasting, we did a Leap Day trivia quiz w/ random facts I found online.  We all learned a lot and had fun.  Then I had everyone “Leap” so we could get a cool Leap Day picture.

P1040774 Sis. Lee had made these adorable “Leap” frog cupcakes and sent one home w/ Autumn.  Autumn was BEAMING and was so happy and felt so special that she got a special cupcake.

P1040776When we got home, it was time for bed.  But before we did our nightly routine, we had to get out the Tooth Fairy doll.  Autumn lost her 2nd bottom tooth today at school.  I asked her if it fell out or if her teacher pulled it for her.  Autumn said that she pulled it out herself during Circle Rug Time.

I am glad that today ended on a good note w/ the Leap Day Party and getting to put my love bug to bed.  I hope the last 2 days of this work week aren’t as stressful b/c I really don’t want to cry at work.  I just have to remind myself what Anne of Green Gables says, “Marilla, isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”

This is a link to my post for Leap Day in 2008.  It has random facts about me, and all of the info is still the same 4 years later.  LOL!

No comments: