CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nasty Nail & GNO With Liz

Caution: If you get queasy very easily and don’t like looking at blood, then skip this blog post.  There are some graphic pictures posted below.  If you feel like gagging, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

P1060712 This morning Autumn and I had to rush home from sleeping over at Mom & Dad’s to get dressed and ready for the day.  I thought we were going to be late and running behind, but we were actually just a few minutes earlier than usual.  I had a coupon for a free smoothie and since I hadn’t had anything for breakfast, I stopped to get a smoothie on my way into work.  The guy made a little bit too much to fit in a small cup, so he gave me the extra in that teeny tiny purple cup next to the red one.  I thought that was so nice of him to do, especially since I was getting the smoothie completely free.

I took a picture of thee folders b/c this is a pet peeve of mine.  Why can’t 3 tab manila folders come collated?  We ordered a box of 500 and all the left tabs were together, center tabs were together, and right tabs were together.  Every time we get a new box of them I have to go in and collate them so I have a left tab, center tab, right tab.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I know, I know….first world problems here.  But I just wonder if anyone else has noticed that 3 tab folders come like that and how annoying it is.

P1060715Anyways, after work/school Autumn & I went over to Mom & Dad’s for dinner.  Mom had German weistwurst and zucchini from the garden that we were going to grill.  I went to open the drawer to get a bowl for Mom to put the cut up zucchini in, and next thing I know, my finger was hurt and bleeding.  There are these spindle type handles on their drawers and my nail got stuck in it.  Yep…that’s my nail stuck in the handle!

P1060714 This is what the carnage looks like.  My nail completely broke off half way down my nail bed.  It happened so fast that it didn’t even hurt.  I surprised myself and didn’t freak out and went and got my camera so I could take some pictures.  And, yes, that is my nasty & fleshy & bloody nail bed all exposed there.

P1060718 Here’s the part that broke off that Dad got out of the spindly handle.  Ewww!

P1060719 Dad put some yellow crayon band aids on it, and the small amount of touch and pressure from the band aid made it finally start hurting.  Luckily, Mom had a finger splint from when she hurt her finger a few months ago.  I put that on to protect my finger from hitting anything.  It has been a real life saver to have.  My finger started throbbing, so I took some Motrin to help w/ the pain.

I was joking that at least now I will have a medical reason or explanation for why I flip people off…I’m  just showing them my hurt finger.  I’m just kidding…I would never flip someone off.  I think that is so crass and crude and offensive.

P1060722 We had dinner and then Autumn & I watched part of Somewhere In Time on the iPad.  We skipped to the good parts, like where he first goes back in time and sees her down by the lake.  The swell of music at that part just overwhelms me in a good way.  Anyways, Liz came over at 8:00 so we could have a Girl’s Night Out.  I haven’t seen her in a while so it was nice to sit and visit before we left for the movie.

P1060720 She is SO SWEET and brought me this adorable pail (she knows how I LOVE me some pails and buckets and baskets) w/ a color coordinated pen, sticky notes, and 2 B&BW lotions!  She is so thoughtful and good to me.  We went and saw Snow White & The Huntsman.  It was really good and Charlize Theron did a great job.  The special affects were so cool, and I loved the dwarfs.

Funny story:  Mom has a little Cinemark plastic bucket and Cinemark plastic cup that you can bring w/ you to the movies and get them filled for just $3 each, which is a big savings on what popcorn and a drink would usually cost.  Liz was going to try and pay for the popcorn and drink, but I beat her to the punch and handed the cashier my credit card first.  Liz tried to grab it away before I could, b/c she said she was going to pay.  Liz ended up hitting the cashier in the face w/ the plastic bucket as she reached for my card!  We apologized profusely and luckily the cashier was a good sport about it and laughed it off.  I felt so bad for the cashier, but Liz & I got a good laugh out of it later when we got into the theater.  There is always some sort of crazy experience that happens w/ Liz around.  It makes for some great stories!  LOL!

Can I just say how stinkin’ hard it is to type w/ this big metal thing on my finger?  I was getting so annoyed just typing up this blog post.  I can’t imagine how annoying it will be to not type at my usual super fast speed at work.  And, I use that finger to type “E”, which is the most used vowel in the English language.  UGH!  I know, I know…I’m complaining about First World problems again.  I’ll have to call my nail guy tomorrow to see if there is anything he can do to fix it so the exposed skin will be protected.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

This is nasty Lisa! Jeremy said it made his man parts tingle. lol. I love graphic pictures, thanks for posting them.