CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cute & Creative Crafts

P1060701 Tonight at Young Women’s the Mia Maids had a cupcake war contest.  Kylie brought these cupcakes and I thought they were SO ADORABLE!  How cute and creative.

P1060703 For our activity, we had Sis. Timineny (in the blue shirt next to me) come and teach us how to make memory boards.  I was surprised at how easy and affordable they were to make.

P1060709 This is the one I made for Autumn.  It’s so bright and colorful and cheerful.  You can use it to pin papers to or hold photos.

P1060704 After the activity, Sis. Lee and I went w/ the 4 graduating Seniors to BJ’s for some pizookies.  I asked them if it was weird to think that this was their last Young Women’s activity night?  They said it was weird, but mostly exciting.

P1060705I decided to try the red velvet pizookie.  I knew I was in trouble w/ the first bite b/c it was so rich and good.  It was fun to sit and talk w/ the girls outside of church activities.  Sis. Lee is so cute & thoughtful and gave each of the girls a book from the “Forget Me Not” talk by Elder Uchtdorf along w/ a Forget Me Not Willow Tree figurine.  We are going to miss having these incredible girls be part of our group.

P1060706 We must have been really talkative, b/c we were didn’t leave the restaurant until 11 pm!  I got back to Mom & Dad’s house and they said Autumn had been such a good girl.  Nate said that he wanted to see Dad’s new gun.  I hadn’t seen it yet, so we checked it out.  I was going to ask Nate if he had shot a gun before, but I then I remembered that of course he has w/ being in the military.  Side note: I love that I have a shot of Mom’s side of the closet w/ a picture of the little bed Dad used to sleep in when he would work nights.  He used to sleep in the closet b/c it was dark and quiet.  I also love that bedspread b/c it used to be on Nick or Nate’s bed when they were little.

P1060707 We keep teasing Nate about how he looks like such a goober in his BCG’s (birth control glasses).  He said he purposely picked out the most hideous ones he could get.  The worst is that they’re held on w/ a little black elastic strap in the back.  Even though he looks goofy on purpose, I’m so glad he’s home!

No comments: