CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcome Home, Uncle Nate

P1060686 YAY!  Nate is home from Japan for a few weeks on leave.  He got in this morning, and we’re so thankful b/c there was a typhoon coming that could have prevented his flight from leaving.  But, obviously everything went OK b/c he’s here.  Autumn has been so excited for days to see him, so she was giddy w/ excitement when I picked her up from school.  We ate dinner and then decided to go swimming to help Nate stay awake and get over the time difference.  We don’t let Autumn go in the pool unless her hair is braided b/c it’s so long.  So, I was about to start braiding it when Nate said he would do it!  I didn’t know that he knew how to braid so I told him to go ahead.  He actually did a good job.

P1060689 It was so fun to watch them interact and play together.  He used to tease her mercilessly and she used to throw fits every time he would.  But they’ve both grown up and were so cute w/ each other tonight.

P1060691 We swam and played for a while and then Nate wanted to see how strong he was and kept trying to talk me into standing on his shoulders.  I told him I would break him in half if I did that, so he talked Dad into standing on his shoulders.  Nate’s face in this picture cracks me up.  Also, Dad’s shoulders & arms look all muscled up.

P1060695 After Dad did it, Nate wanted to stand on Dad’s shoulders.  Nate didn’t stay on his shoulders for long before he fell, and he said it’s a lot harder than it looks to keep your balance.

P1060697 I wanted to try it out, and as you can see from my face it was NOT fun and it hurt like crazy.  As soon as I stood up out of the water I yelled at him to fall off b/c it felt like talons grabbing onto my shoulders.  I’m probably just a whimp b/c Nate isn’t even that heavy at all.

Anyways, we had a great night spending time w/ Nate.

P1060700Autumn & I stopped by Sonic on the way home b/c she was such a good girl tonight, and we have been wanting to try a shake for a few weeks.  They are 1/2 off after 8 pm.  We got the strawberry one and it was good.  I’m so glad Nate’s home safe and sound and that we’ll get to create some great memories w/ him.  Saturday will be the BEST b/c we will all be in the temple together for the first time ever.  This is the start of an incredible week.

No comments: