CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My 2008 Word

Today while I was browsing the blog world, I came across this post from Ali Edwards. I love what she says about just picking one word that you want to focus on for the year.

To be completely honest, I feel that since June 16th (that date has major significance to me, and not in a good way) I've just been living my life in a daze. That is the day my whole perfect world shattered and I was hit with a reality that was worse than being punched in the gut by a professional boxer. I have loved being back in Texas with family, I have loved spending time with Autumn, and I really feel like I've been focusing on recovering, healing, and coping. I've come to accept that my life isn't perfect and that it's OK. I needed a dose of reality and a push to grow and find out who I really am. But now I'm ready to take that next step and move forward. That's why my word for 2008 is going to be...


HAPPINESS



To me, that word encompasses a lot of other things such as contentment, joy, appreciation, exuberance, elation, enjoying the little things, simplicity, gratitude, and a multitude of other things. I want to embrace the word and focus on happiness this year.



At first my word was going to be happy, but then I realized that happiness to me includes action and motion rather than just the word happy. I want to have the strength of Tara who is happy in spite all of the pain and hurt she has to deal with.



I want to have the attitude of Jobi who's happiness and exuberance for life is contagious. I want to have the confidence of Lindsay where people are just drawn to her b/c of her charisma and outlook on life. There are so many other people that I also take examples from of happiness and what I want to be like.



I'm just going to find happiness in the everyday moments that make up my life. I have been blessed beyond compare and just need to enjoy it.



What's your one word for 2008?

2 comments:

The Probert Family said...

Lisa, I love this post. You have had some pretty rotten experiences this year, and I am amazed at your attitude and strength. I know you haven't always felt strong or optimistic, but you have been inspiring to so many more people than you realize. You deserve HAPPINESS and I think that is the perfect word to focus on this year.

Sloane said...

You have so much more strength than you realize. Actively seek happiness in everything that you do, and remember that it is OK to put yourself first sometimes. (after Autumn of course! :))