CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Being A Woman Day


I got this cute little card template at this website. I am going to use this for my little 4 year old kids that I teach in Primary to give to their moms tomorrow. On the inside I put, "I'm not FUDGING when I say that you are the best mom in the world!" Then I made some fudge and put that on a paper plate. They are going to sign the cards and that's what they'll give their moms for Mother's Day. The recipe is below and let me tell you it is SO EASY and SO OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!

2/3 c margarine
3 c sugar
2/3 c evaporated milk
1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla

Lightly grease 9 x 13 pan. In a heavy 3 quart pan, combine margarine, sugar, and evaporated milk. Bring mixture to a full boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted; add marshmallow creme and vanilla and mix well. Spread into prepared pan and cool at room temperature; cut into squares.

That's not a secret family recipe, you can find it on most jars of marshmallow creme. I just buy the cheap store brand of marshmallow creme. Anyways, I hope all of you mothers you there, have a GREAT MOTHER'S DAY! And for those of you who aren't mothers, at least you can know that EVERYONE in the world has or had a mother at one point. I really think that Mother's Day should be changed to be Happy Being a Woman Day. So, to all the lovely ladies out there have a wonderful day tomorrow.

5 comments:

kcwatson said...

I love your new background and what a CUTE idea for Mother's day. Lucky 4 year olds to have you as a teacher. I need to show it to Kerry, he is subbing in Primary tomorrow.

Jobi Niu said...

Cute Blog Lis.. you're so creative! What a cute idea for Primary.. I miss you. I'm excited for Enoch to start on Jason's floor. Jason has ALWAYS been really good to Enoch. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Love ya girl

Charlotta-love said...

Lisa Foo Foo! Happy Mother's Day!

Kim and Adam said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

JoSue said...

Where do you get your cute templates for the blog?