CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

What Should My 2009 Word Be?

At the beginning of last year, I had read a post about picking a word that you want to focus on for the year. Last year my word was HAPPINESS. Looking back on 2008, I do have to say that it was a lot happier than 2007. But, I'm not going to lie and say that I completely met my goal of focusing on happiness. I know it's been over a year and a half since I ended my marriage, but I am still dealing w/ the effects of being a single divorced Mom. And I think I'm coming to terms w/ the fact that having lived through a divorce I am changed forever by that. In both good and bad ways. I feel like 2008 was a happy year, but I can't really say that it was the happiest of my life. I feel like something is missing in my life and I can't really put my finger on what it is.

I know that I am blessed beyond belief, my spiritual life is getting back to where it needs to be, I absolutely LOVE being a Mom, I have the best friends and family, I have a good job that I like working at, etc. But there is still that missing piece to the puzzle that I'm trying to find. I'm not exactly sure what I want my word for 2009 to be. I'm going to have to give it some thought and decide in the next week or so what I want to focus on in 2009. Hopefully I can find that missing piece this year.

This is from Ali Edward's blog, which is really what started me on trying to pick a word each year to focus on. I love how she words things:


Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2009?It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.


One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities.


WHAT IS YOUR WORD FOR 2009???

1 comment:

Just a Italian Girl said...

I love this idea. I think I know what I want my word to be. I am going to do a post too.