CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

What The Heck?

IMG_9169 Today I called over to WalMart to see if some pictures I had ordered of Autumn online had been delivered to the store yet.  They had been, so Liz and I went over there at lunch to pick them up.  The guy behind the counter was GOOD LOOKING and him  and I kind of talked for a little while. Liz came over and of course did her usual…she asked him if he was married and he said no.  She asked him if he had a girlfriend and he said no.  She told him I was single too!  She was being really funny and we were all laughing.  She told him I like to dance and she started shaking her hips.  He said, “She likes to twist?”  And Liz said, “Yeah, AND shout!”  Anyways, the guy (I don’t even know his name) and I talked some more and then he said he had to get back to work and so I left. 

I went and found Liz and she had found a metal flask.  “NO, LIZ!  Put it down…don’t drink it!”  I didn’t know they sold those at WalMart???  She asked if I got the guy’s number or if he got mine and I told her no.  So, she told me I had to write my number down and go give it to him or else I would regret not knowing if anything would ever come of it.  I wrote it down and we went over to give it to him, but there were a bunch of customers there.  So, I pretended to fill out a packet to have film developed in.  But, while I was filling it out he came over and so Liz started talking to him so I could finish filling it out.  She said to him in the style of the Can-I-Have-Your-Number-Guy, “So, you have a girlfriend?  Where she at?  Is she coming back? Is she hefty?  Does she like Mike-N-Ikes?” I was laughing so hard, especially when he looked at her like, “What the heck?”  He had never seen the skit so he had no idea what she was talking about, but I thought it was HILARIOUS!  Anyways, I went to give him my number but this girl he works with walked up, so I just handed him the picture developing envelope (which had my phone number in it) and asked him if he could develop it for me and I walked away.  Once Liz & I turned the corner we RAN down the aisle laughing like little school girls.  It was such an adrenaline rush.

IMG_9170 On the drive home today I pulled up next to this van and was like, “What the heck?”  You can’t tell too well from this picture, but they had their door TIED shut!  It was weird to see this lady’s arm through the door of her van.  And, they had blankets stuffed in the upper right hand corner of the window.  I guess that’s one way to ghetto fix it.

IMG_9171 Mom called me on my way home and asked if Autumn & I wanted to meet her & Dave at Cheddar’s for dinner.  Let me think about it… “Um, heck yeah!”  So, I went and got Autumn and we went over to Cheddar’s.  It’s a big running joke that Pam never feeds Dave, so he LOVES coming over to our house, b/c all we do is eat.  I told him to smile for the camera, but instead he made a guilty face b/c he is caught red handed eating lots of good food.  SO FUNNY.

IMG_9174 Autumn is not your average 2 year old.  We ordered her some chicken strips w/ fries and ranch dressing.  But if you look at her plate and what’s in her hands, she didn’t even touch her fries or chicken.  She wanted to eat mine and Mom’s broccoli!  That’s all she had for dinner was 2 huge servings of  baby trees.  What a kid!

IMG_9179 I guess she really did NOT want fries, b/c she was trying to drown them in ranch dressing.  “Die! Die!”

IMG_9175 She’s such a little love bug and makes my life so happy and full of joy and so complete.  Especially moments like this morning when I woke up and realized she had slept through the WHOLE NIGHT!  I was so excited.  Then while we were sitting and eating tonight she just reached over and hugged my arm and snuggled up next to me.  I am so lucky that I get to be her Mom.

1 comment:

Hanah said...

Lisa that is HILARIOUS! I love that video I posted it on my facebook. :D haha Hope you don't mind, but I also have to say, YOU GO GIRL, what a fun, and sneaky way of slipping a guy your number. Keep us updated if he ever calls. :D