CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

IMG_9532 We got up this morning and Dad made everyone breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast.  I wasn’t thinking and put Autumn in her nice Easter dress before eating.  I had to put an apron on her.

IMG_9542 Dad & Autumn had fun trying to learn colors w/ M&M’s.  It’s kind of hard to take Dad serious as a teacher w/ that flower headband on.

IMG_9551 We tried getting some pictures of Autumn & Andrew together in their Easter clothes, but Andrew wasn’t in the mood.  So, we got one of Autumn & I in our new Easter dresses.

IMG_9553 Andrew just wanted to be w/ Lexie (even in her curlers she looks gorgeous).

IMG_9556 Autumn found Lexie’s shoes and wanted to wear Lexie’s shoes instead of her own b/c they were pink and strappy and had high heels.  Too bad she’ll have to wait at least 10 more years before she can wear shoes like that.

IMG_9562 We all went to church, and it was really good.  The ward choir did a great job and sounded wonderful.  When we got home, we wanted to get some more Easter pics.  What a good lookin’ family!

IMG_9549 I LOVE my new Easter dress…it’s very figure flattering if I do say so myself.  I’m glad Liz convinced me to buy it when we went to Ross a few weeks ago.  I got Autumn’s dress for only $7 at a kid’s resale shop. I love finding good deals!  Autumn went down for a nap and I went down to Dallas to visit Don and say hi to him.  He is doing great and was even able to open his eyes and answer questions if I asked him something.  He’s going in for surgery on Monday to fix his pelvis and ankle.

IMG_9571 I got home and we had a SCRUMPTIOUS dinner.  Mom had a spiral cut ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli, garlic bread, and I made a pecan pie.  After eating we went outside to feed Gigi and play on the fort.  Andrew & Autumn had fun playing together.

IMG_9577 After playing outside for a while we came in and watched TV together and played w/ the kids.  We all snuggled up together on the love seat and laughed and had fun.

IMG_9580 Then Dad got home and had to play horsey.  At first it was just Autumn & then Andrew wanted in on the action but kept falling off the back.  It was a great Easter and I am just so thankful for the knowledge I have that Christ sacrificed Himself for us and that He lives again so that we can have the opportunity to live forever.  Life would be completely hopeless w/out Him and I am especially thankful for all that I’ve been blessed w/ in my life and just hope to show that gratitude every day through my actions.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I saw you Sunday -- you looked fabulous in your dress. But when I finally got up to look for you, I didn't see you anymore. I know, those pesky 4 year olds, but you looked fantastic (I saw you walking out with Autumn at one point). I'm glad Don's doing so well.

Ashley and Aaron said...

Autumn's dress is so beautiful! I am so excited to be able to buy pretty clothes like that for my next baby. Looks like you had a great weekend.

Hanah said...

Lisa I love your dress! You look soo great!! I am a bit jealous, and wish there was Ross out here, haha:D All you ladies are just soo GORGEOUS! Happy Easter!!