CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Healthy Brownies?

A few days ago I got an email from my Aunt Sandy about a semi-healthy way to make brownies. So, I decided to give it a try. I HIGHLY recommend everyone try this recipe. It is SOOOO easy and only takes 2 ingredients.

1 box of brownie mix
1 15 oz can of black beans

Do not rinse the black beans…just open the can, pour it in a blender, blend the beans until they are mush, pout the mush into the brownie mix, stir, and bake like normal.

Now before you turn your nose up and say, “EWWW,” let me tell you, that you can NOT even tell at all that there are black beans in the brownies. I made them and took them to work and everyone ate them and said how good they were and then after they had all had some I told them what was in the brownies and everyone was shocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I wanted to post an updated on Don. I went down to the hospital to see him today. He is in this really cool bed that slowly tilts him 45 degrees to the left and then 45 degrees to the right. It helps him not to have bed sores. Anyways, he still has lots of tubes connected to him, but he can talk. I thought he would be awake and talking, but he’s not. When I would ask him a question he would slowly open his eyes, whisper the answer, and then close his eyes again. He’s still heavily sedated b/c of the pain. But, it was so great to hear him talk and see how well he is doing. The doctors are surprised that he is progressing so fast. However, he is undergoing a major surgery tomorrow to piece his pelvis back together and repair his ankle. So, if you’ve been praying for him (which his family GREATLY appreciates) then please keep praying for him, b/c he’s not out of the woods yet. Anyways, the doctors expect a full recovery but it will be a long process. I’m just glad he’s alive and doing so well!

2 comments:

kcwatson said...

I have cookies with beans in them...they are great!

Sloane said...

glad to hear Don is doing better.