CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter At The Farm

IMG_9363 This morning we got up and did the usual Disney Channel viewing. Then when Dad woke up he took Autumn & Andrew outside to feed Gigi, go play on the fort, and just putz around outside. While they were outside, we got out the Easter eggs and filled them up with candy. Then we loaded up the car at 10:00 and headed out to Weatherford to spend the day at Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s.

IMG_9367 Autumn was so good in the car and slept the whole way there. However, she wasn’t too thrilled when I woke her up after we got there and tried to take pictures of her wearing her pretty flower headband.

IMG_9383 We sat around and talked and played with the kids. Hey, wait a minute! That’s not a kid on the seahorse! That’s Tyler! “Tyler, didn’t you know those are for the LITTLE kids? We’ll get you another toy to play on so you don’t break that one. I don’t think it’s supposed to be touching the ground like that when you rock back and forth.” LOL!

IMG_9389 Here’s everyone waiting for the crawfish boil to start. We were lucky enough to have Grandpa Asay join us as well.

IMG_9393 I LOVE crawfish boils. They are SO MUCH FUN! But this time we decided to do shrimp instead of crawfish, b/c crawfish are expensive and you don’t get very much meat. I don’t like any seafood at all, so I just enjoyed the potatoes and corn and spicy sausage.

IMG_9395 It’s so fun b/c you just throw the food out on the table and everyone eats w/ their hands. Or, in Autumn’s case you don’t even use your hands and just eat it right off the table. And clean up is a breeze…all you do is roll up the tinfoil from the table and throw it away. SO FUN!

IMG_9401 Uncle Robert was showing off his fancy socks he got for Easter. One of them says, “Bob’s sock.” The other one says, “Bob’s Other Sock.” I thought that was very funny and clever.

IMG_9416 After we ate, we all headed down to the farm. Autumn had a BLAST getting real eggs out of the chicken coop and petting the chickens and chasing them around. I’m glad she likes the outdoors and nature.

IMG_9423 We told Brooke to give the chicken a hug and this is what we got…SO PRECIOUS!

IMG_9446After running around for a while, it was time for the Easter egg hunt. This is the first year ever that I’ve got to hid the Easter eggs, which was a lot of fun. We tried to get everyone to smile for the camera, but it was too sunny and they were too excited and just wanted to go find some eggs. It’s hard to believe these are the same kids from just one year ago.IMG_1518


IMG_9449 Autumn had so much fun this year hunting for eggs. She didn’t really understand what was going on last year, but she got a full basket of eggs this year. It was so fun to watch her little face light up when she would discover another egg hidden in the grass.

IMG_9487 After all the excitement of hunting for eggs and then eating lots and lots of candy, Autumn & I headed down to the pond. Aunt Sandy took her & Brooke out on the pond, and I wasn’t sure if Autumn would like it, but she had a blast. I don’t know if you can tell in this picture, but the life jacket is up around her face and she can barely peek out from it. She looked so cute, and safety first!

IMG_9488 Caleb & Shane were so cute standing there w/ their arms around each other’s shoulders while they waited for their turn to take a ride around the pond in the kayak.

IMG_9499 When Aunt Sandy brought the kayak back in, she asked if I wanted a turn. I have wanted to try it since last year, but was afraid I was too heavy and would sink the kayak. But, I decided to be brave and just give it a try. When they first pushed us off from the shore, we were a little shaky and I was freaking out. But then I got the hang of it, and it was SO MUCH FUN! I could have stayed out there for hours just paddling around.

IMG_9502 But, after a little bit Nick wanted a turn so I paddled back to shore. OH MY GOSH! It was such an ordeal to get me out. Aunt Sandy & Nick were using every ounce of strength they had to pull me out, and I didn’t budge an inch. I actually almost pulled Nick into the pond! We were laughing so hard we almost peed our pants. So then they had the bright idea to have me put my legs outside of the kayak. I felt like I was giving birth. We finally gained composure long enough for me to get out. It was so funny and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

IMG_9513 After that fun little adventure, we wanted to go over and see if the boys had caught any fish. Autumn & Brooke were cute and held hands on the way over. Although, in this picture it looks like Autumn is picking her nose and Brooke is looking at her like, “Eww! Gross! What the heck are you doing?”

IMG_9517 The boys had caught some fish and Autumn wasn’t scared of them at all. She kept wanting to touch them and hold them. What a kid.

IMG_9521 I absolutely LOVE this picture and it just sums up the whole day…laid back and fun. I didn’t tell her to do this, and I’ve never seen her do it before, but she just stuck her hands in her back pockets and walked along the shoreline of the pond. It was such a fun way to spend the day. She slept the whole way home, too, which was a nice treat.

IMG_9525 We got home and rented Seven Pounds (which was a sad, but good movie), and Autumn & Andrew had fun sitting in the rocking chair trying to make it rock back and forth. We all got sunburnt, but had a great time. I’m so thankful we have family living close that we can celebrate the holidays with.

No comments: