CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If I Were A Stay At Home Mom…

IMG_1968 I would get my daughter up w/ a cheery smile and give her a bath and then fix her hair and dress her in the most adorable Halloween costume w/ coordinating hair bows and send her off to school for her class Halloween party w/ some fruit snacks to share w/ her classmates.  I would also get a load of laundry going and load the dishwasher and get that going.

IMG_1971 Then I would have a healthy breakfast of cheerios and a cut up banana.  After eating breakfast w/ the sun shining in the window, I would get my ipod and go for a 30 minute power walk around the beautiful fountains in the neighborhood w/ a cool breeze blowing through my hair.

IMG_1973 I would come home and watch Rachel Ray on TV while making deviled eggs for dinner and also have a pan full of pumpkin bars baking in the oven and making the house smell like all the good smells of Halloween and Thanksgiving and the fall season mixed into one.  All this would happen while having Rufio and Sis. Wright sitting at the kitchen table talking to me and to each other to make the time go by faster.  Then I would get cleaned up and be dressed in fashionable but affordable clothes and be ready to walk out the door to start my day all before 11 am.

IMG_1975 Next on the plan for my wonderful stay-at-home-Mom-day was getting my creative juices flowing and getting fabric to help make Mom a purse from scratch.  Here are the fabrics we picked out and we were #24 in line, which just happens to be my favorite number. (I know I switched tenses there, but just deal w/ it).

IMG_1977 After getting fabrics (w/ a 40% off coupon of course) it was time to go to lunch.  We went to Firehouse Subs for lunch and were laughing so hard and having such a good time that one of the girls behind the counter came over and gave us some hats to wear b/c she said we were so much fun.  Having fun myself and spreading joy to others is something that a stay at home Mom gets to do daily.

IMG_1980 After a busy morning, it would be time to spoil myself by going to Sam Moons and getting this new FABULOUS purse (Rufio got a new purse, too).  I was very frugal and only bought this purse (usually I spend at least over $100) and multi-tasked and also got some Christmas gift shopping done.

IMG_1982

IMG_1983 Next on my list of SAHM things to do was to make a delicious and nutritious meal for my family.  I emptied the dishwasher and as I was going to put away the lid to the crock pot it slipped out of my hand and crashed to the floor and shattered into a thousand pieces.  Being the wonderful SAHM that I am, I enlisted the help of my daughter in cleaning up (after I got all of the glass off the floor).

IMG_1988 Not only did Rufio and I make a great meal (green salad and enchiladas) but we also invited Mom & Dad & Nick & Nate over to enjoy it w/ us.  I think this is the first time we’ve ever set the table (w/ a tablecloth and everything) and had a formal dinner in the formal dining room.  But that’s just an everyday occurrence for a SAHM.

IMG_1989 As I was being a great hostess and serving everyone enchiladas, I gave Rufio her plate, but when she set it down on the table, it was lopsided and we couldn’t figure out why.  If you look closely at the bottom of her plate, a deviled egg got stuck on the bottom of it!  We were laughing so hard about that.  We enjoyed a lovely meal w/ great conversation and then had ice cream and pumpkin bars for dessert.

After eating we all went in the living room and sat and talked for a while and watched some TV and just enjoyed being together.  After everyone left I went and found Autumn’s Halloween costume to make sure it fits for Saturday and then went and made her bed (w/ clean sheets straight from the dryer) and got her tucked into bed w/ a sweet kiss on the cheek and a hug around the neck.  I loaded the dishwasher, started another load of laundry, cleaned up the living room, put the food away, and then sat down to document my day as a SAHM.

It was great to spend the day getting things done around the home, spending time doing what I want to do, being w/ Mom & Rufio, etc.  I don’t know that I would want to stay at home everyday, but it was really nice to do that today.  And I know that being a stay at home Mom is definitely the hardest job ever and that I kind of  glorified it in this post, but I really did get a lot accomplished and enjoyed feeling what it would be like if I didn’t have to work full time.

1 comment:

Ash said...

wouldn't that be the life?? love it...