CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The One Where Autumn Talks

Tonight we were over at Mom & Dad's for dinner. I've been trying to get Autumn to use the toliet lately, but it hasn't been working out too well. I was helping Mom get dinner ready when I heard Autumn grunting and saw her face and knew she was trying to poop. I picked her up and ran her into the bathroom so she could try to go in the toliet instead of in her diaper. Well, she didn't want to so we ended up being in there for 10 minutes, which seemed like forever. While she was sitting on the toliet, Dad came home from work. He stuck his head in the door just to see how we were doing in there and Autumn said, "Get out! Get out my face, Papa!" Dad and I just looked at each other and said, "Did she just say what we think she said?" Sure enough she had, b/c she said it again.

We busted up laughing, b/c Autumn usually doesn't say full sentences. And, I have NO IDEA where she picked up that phrase. I've never said that in front of her, so I'm guessing she heard it at daycare. It was just hilarious how clear she said it and out of nowhere! Her other new word that she started saying tonight was, "Never." When I look back on Autumn's life and if I had to pick a day that she really started talking I guess today would be the day.

No comments: