CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Go Girl ~ December

IMG_0748 “Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas!”

~Dale Evans
(American Singer, Songwriter, Actress, & Inspirational Writer)

I am glad this is the saying for December.  I think so often we forget throughout the year that we don’t have to wait for November to show thanks for all that we’ve been given.  we don’t have to wait until December to feel love and compassion towards others.  Last year I heard someone say they only give their children 3 gifts at Christmas time, b/c that’s all that Baby Jesus got.  I am starting that tradition w/ Autumn this year.  That way we can focus more on the true meaning of Christmas instead of her wanting a huge list of toys and then being disappointed when she doesn’t get them.

This quote is so true on so many levels, b/c I know for myself that when I show love to others or when I give of my time or talents or give others gifts, I always feel better.  I know that is b/c I am doing what the Savior himself would do and that always brings the Spirit of Christ(mas) into my life.

I hope everyone can focus on what’s truly important this season and show those you love how much they mean to you (and not just through giving them expensive gifts) but through doing the little things that count the most!

1 comment: