CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Apricot Chicken

IMG_2763Last night on the way home from work, I was telling Liz about this yummy recipe for apricot chicken. I thought it would be fun to have her and Liberty come over for dinner. So, this morning before I left for work, I threw the ingredients in the crockpot so that dinner would be ready when I got home. Usually you just bake it in the oven, but it turned out OK in the crockpot. I LOVE being able to come home and have dinner all ready and the house smells so good when I walk in the door. Here is the recipe:

6-8 chicken breasts (I cut mine in half)
1 bottle Catalina dressing
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 c apricot jam
slivered almonds (sprinkle on top just before serving)

Mix dressing, soup mix and jam together and pour over the chicken in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.

IMG_2762 As you can see in the pictures, Liz & Liberty made red velvet cupcakes. I made cream cheese frosting and Autumn (and Ariel) helped to decorate them. Autumn kept wanting to eat all the maraschino cherries (hmm…I wonder who she gets that from).

IMG_2764 It was a great meal and great dessert. We finished off the evening by watching American Idol. We were laughing so hard and had a great time. We need to do stuff like this more often.

No comments: