CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cudeze v Sloveniji (Miracles In Slovenija)

May 14, 200254 Elder Holland came to visit the day we got into the country.  We had just flown from the United States to Germany and then from Germany to Slovenija, so we were more than just tired, we were exhausted.  But, it was the first time a Quorum of the Twelve came to visit Slovenija, so I did everything I could to stay awake.  From what I can remember (w/out going and finding my notes), he prophesied that someday there would be so many members of the Church in Slovenija that the biggest sports stadium in the country wouldn’t be able to hold them all!  It was so incredible to have him there.

August 2, 20027We got the Book of Mormon in Slovene!!!  Up to this point, we only had it in Croatian, English, or German.  It was the most amazing thing to witness these incredible and pioneer Saints receive the Book of Mormon in their own language.  I will never forget when Vera, a cute little 80 year old woman who was only 4’8” went up to get her Book of Mormon and how lovingly she opened the book and turned the pages w/ such respect and tenderness and gratitude.  We all had tears streaming down our faces and the Spirit was so strong.  This is a picture of Sestra Jones and I standing w/ Pres. Lotric and his daughter w/ our Mormonovi Knijgi.

January 11 & 18, 2003
22

39

 

This is a picture of Bro. G baptizing his son and Pres. Lotric baptizing his second daughter, Flora.  The reason these baptisms are so amazing is that these children are the second generation of the Church in Slovenija.  Their parents are real life pioneers of the Church in Slovenija b/c they were some of the first (Pres. Lotric was the first) Slovenes to be baptized.

April 6, 2003
7 Here are all of the sisters on our way to the church in Ljubljana to watch General Conference.  It was the first time we had General Conference broadcast, and it was translated into Slovene.  I can only imagine how wonderful it must have been for the Slovene Saints to hear the apostles speak and to have it translated so they could understand what was being said.

There were a lot more miracles I was able to witness on my mission, but those are just a few for now.  Going back and looking at all my mission pictures the past few days has been such a spiritual experience.  I am eternally thankful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me the opportunity to serve a mission.  It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life and helped to make me into a better person.  I was able to strengthen my testimony, have experiences that forever changed me, I got to meet and associate w/ some of the most incredible people, and I was able to make some life long friendships.  Looking at my mission pictures also made me so homesick for Slovenija.  I plan on going back to visit someday (when Autumn is older and I can afford it).  In the meantime, I’ll have my pictures and memories to enjoy until then.

No comments: