CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

No, No Nate!

IMG_5516 Today I did 2 more hours of training on the software for my new job and then I went over to the main office at noon.  It was POURING rain!  There were a few times where I thought I was going to have to pull over on the shoulder of the road and wait b/c I couldn’t see out my windshield even w/ the wipers going full speed.  There were a huge flash of lightning across the sky and all of a sudden I felt like my car was going to implode b/c of the huge clap of thunder.  It was awe inspiring and a little scary all at the same time.

I spent the rest of the afternoon checking out the software I had been trained on and navigating my way around.  I left at 4:30 and picked Autumn up from daycare.  Mom had come over and made chicken divan for dinner and it was DIVINE!  Nate came over after he got done w/ work and had some dinner and then Autumn cozied up next to him on the couch and started reading him a book.  Usually she is running away from him, but tonight she wanted to be around him.

IMG_5517 Autumn found this little toy that she used to play w/ when she was a baby and it had a mirror on one end of it.  She kept looking at herself in it and then wanted Papa to look at himself in the mirror.  She held the side of his face and put it right up next to his nose and kept saying, “See, Papa?  You see yourself?  See?”  We were all laughing so hard b/c it was so cute and of course there was no way Dad could see himself in the mirror w/ it being that close to him but she was just sure he could.

IMG_5520 After everyone was done eating, Nate wanted to finish watching Hello, Dolly from the other night when we didn’t get to watch it all.  So, we watched that and then Dad & Autumn had to take a sink part back to Home Depot so they left.  Nate was showing off his manly muscles and all the training he’s done to get ready to go into the military.  He asked how many push ups we could do and then wanted to show us how many he could do.

Mom & I watched the second half of the season finale of Grey’s Anatomy.  It was definitely a cliff hanger so many times.  I didn’t realize it was so late, but at 9:30 I looked at my phone and wondered where in the world Autumn & Dad were b/c she usually goes to bed at 8:30 and I didn’t want her to be a bear in the morning when I went to wake her up.  Just then, they walked in the door and brought a bucket of ice cream b/c they “needed a treat.”  So, we all had ice cream and then I put Autumn to bed while we watched the rest of Grey’s Anatomy.

I finally went to bed at 10:30 and as soon as I had climbed in bed and turned off the light, I heard my doorknob turn and it was Autumn wanting to come in and sleep in my bed.  I really need to try and make her sleep in her own bed but she’s just so stinkin’ cute sometimes that I let her sleep w/ me.  She must have had a sugar rush from the ice cream, b/c she just jabbered on and on for about 15 minutes.  She kept saying, “Mama?  Mama?  You awake, Mama?”  And if I didn’t answer, then she would grab my face and try to open my eyelids.   She’s such a silly bug and finally drifted off to sleep.

1 comment:

kcwatson said...

Military?? I did not know about this! Good for him!