CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Unexpected & Unusual

IMG_3075 On the drive to work today, I saw this big huge semi-truck with this on the side of it!  Does anyone remember Fruit Stripe gum?  I LOVED that stuff when I was little and didn’t know they still made it, so I was shocked to see it plastered all over this big truck.  Who knew?  And yes, those are GLORIOUS rain drops on my window.  It was raining today and I absolutely love the cooler temperatures and big fat Texas raindrops.

IMG_3078 We went over to Mom & Dad’s b/c Mom found a great deal on rib eye steaks and so we grilled those up and had them for dinner.  Dad cooked them perfectly and they were scrumptious.  Usually I dip my steak in Heinz 57 sauce, but it would have been a crime to use any type of sauce on these steaks b/c they were so juicy and flavorful.  Dad had gone to the Gaylord (a huge and fancy hotel) to see a childhood friend of his who was there promoting his cell phone covers (ZAGG) at a booth in a convention.  There were a bunch of free things being handed out, so he got this little green camera pouch for Autumn along w/ a necklace that had a skull on it (I guess it’s some icon for a brand of headphones???).  She LOVED the gifts, especially the necklace b/c it was sparkly.

You can’t really tell in this picture, but her teacher had fixed her hair when I picked her up and done a cool fishbone braid.  She LOVES having her hair done.

IMG_3082Nick & I left to go home for a little bit so Bro. Bass could come over and meet with me.  I got a new calling (in addition to teaching Primary) and I’m pretty excited about it.  This was the pretty sunset on the way home.  We went back to Mom & Dad’s to get Autumn and watch some football before going back home for the night.  I am excited for the upcoming long weekend (even though I don’t have any special plans).  We came home and I got Autumn to sleep and then watched Project Runway, and why is everyone hating on Michael C?  I think Gretchen has the most talent, but I’m not really liking her attitude and how she took over in the challenge last week.

Anyways, after that was over I went to WalMart to get some groceries b/c we are out of everything (milk, bread, etc).  I bought some Dr. Scholl’s gel inserts to try out in some of my high heel shoes.  I tried them out when I got home and they seem to be great.  I’m excited to really put them to the test on Sunday when I wear my shoes to church.  I also got a water bottle so I can try and do some cool hairstyles on Autumn that I saw on this cool website:  Adopt A Do.  I like that she has a few videos to show you exactly how to do the hairstyles.  I’m looking forward to this long weekend (even though I don’t have any special plans).

No comments: