CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

New Blog & I Need Some Advice

IMG_3324 Nothing exciting happened at work today, but I did get a great idea for my Mom’s Christmas gift.  I wasn’t going to tell her about it, but I ended up needing her help so I had to spill the beans.  I am going to type up all of her recipes and get them printed off.  For now I started a new blog (click HERE) where I can post her recipes.  I was thinking of having them printed off into a Blurb book.  But, I want them in a binder or something where we can add new recipes as we find ones we like.

That’s where the advice part comes in…does anyone have any suggestions for a program or format to use?  Have you found something that works great for you?  Mom made THIS for dinner tonight, and we haven’t had it in ages and it was SOOO GOOD!  The weather today was so nice that we ate outside tonight.

IMG_3325 Dad was doing some yard work and of course Autumn was more than happy to help him sweep.  I don’t know what her obsession w/ sweeping is, but I need to put her to work at home and have her sweep the kitchen for me!  I spent the majority of the evening typing recipes and putting them on the new blog.  I’ve already got 47 done!  If y’all have any great recipes you want to share, I’m always looking for new ones.

2 comments:

NatalieW said...

I'm excited to try some of the recipes on your new blog! That's a great gift idea for your mom :)Sorry I don't have any program suggestions though ... I'm still using the old fashioned recipe box, very rarely I'm afraid :)

Desperately Seeking Gina said...

I have all of my "go-to" recipes saved in MS Word, printed out, and placed in a plain pink binders. I bought the ones with those see through page thingies on the front and I scrapped a title page. You can see it here

http://tinyurl.com/2cnxett

It's not professional by any means..but it is so easy to refer to when I need a recipe quickly and you can add to it when needed. I placed all the print outs in page protectors too, so I can just pull them out & take 'em to the kitchen :)