CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 In Review

I just have to do another list of my 2010 in review.  It’s such a nice way to have a succinct way of summarizing my life over the past year.  I bolded some of the more important events of the year.  So, without further ado, here is my 2010 list:

January 2010:
*Chose the word ACCEPTANCE for my word for the year
*Nate & Courtney broke off their engagement
*Lots of baking & cooking with Autumn
*Got a package w/ pictures of Autumn & Bianca
*Birthday party at Tyler & Emily’s
*Autumn turned three
*Met Marsel (the guy I gave my # to at WalMart last year) on Martin Luther King Day
*Visiting Teaching dinner at Petra’s
*Got our pictures from Maka
*Autumn pretended to be a ballerina
*Taught the lesson in Relief Society on “How to Acquire Spiritual Guidance”
*Had FHE at Steak & Shake w/ Liz & Liberty & Alex (guy from work)
*Had Liz & Liberty over for dinner
*Went to the temple
*Went to Saturday night session of Stake Conference & led the music

February 2010:
*Emailed Sis. Lotric some pictures from my mission for the 20 year anniversary book
*Autumn got some new clothes for Valentine’s Day
*Had a Super Bowl Party w/ the Monzingo’s
*Liz & Liberty came over for dinner
*Met up with the Welch’s
*Signed up for the Mamarazzi Photography Boot Camp
*Had a snow day so we went sledding and built a snowman
*Went to lunch at Chipotle and then made sugar cookies
*Went to Cheesecake Factory w/ Liz & Liberty
*Liz & Liberty came over & brought dinner
*Went to see Dear John w/ Liz & Heather
*The Olympics
*Watched The Bachelor w/ Karri & Mary
*Had another snow day (but there was no snow)
*Alison & Braulio left to move to Utah
*Lunch with Liz & went to the temple

March 2010:
*Had a nightmare that Autumn drowned
*Went to On The Border w/ Liz & Liberty and Stacey & Jared
*Went to Mom & Dad’s ward’s luau
*Went to Mamarazzi Photography Boot Camp
*Nate left work at the Houston location
*Went to McDonald’s w/ Curt & Mary
*Visiting Teaching at Mooyah
*Had a BBQ at work and went to lunch with Michael
*Went to the Tongan Relief Society Celebration
*Went to the park w/ Autumn & Michael
*Met Mom & Dad at the park for FHE
*Went to Rachael & Lane’s w/ Liz & Liberty for St. Patrick’s Day
*Got new tires
*Went to a party at the Tongan ward
*It snowed
*Went to lunch at Cheddar’s w/ Mou’s family
*Went to the park w/ Liz & Autumn
*Got an Easter package from Patzold’s
*Dad & I got to be the witness couple
*Liz & Liberty got sealed in the temple
*Autumn got a new dress that my friend, Jennifer, made

April 2010:
*Lexie, Jon & Andrew came to visit
*Shrimp boil & Easter Party at the Johnson’s Farm
*Easter
*Dinner w/ Liz & Liberty at Chili’s
*Mom & Dad had a new patio put in
*Went to lunch w/ Liz
*Was introduced to Sis. Wright’s veggie dip
*Took pictures in the bluebonnets
*Craig Decker went through the temple
*Lexie, Jon & Andrew came to visit for Nate’s birthday
*Liz & Liberty moved into their new house
*Mr. Wormley came to visit
*Went to a baseball game
*Nate’s birthday
*Got a T-shirt that was signed by Sam & Koli (from the Biggest Loser)
*Mom & Dad’s kitchen got remodeled
*Went to a baseball game & had a meltdown b/c of the mascot

May 2010:
*Saw a termite swarm at Mom & Dad’s house
* Celebrated Mr. Wormley’s birthday
*Lost my job
*Worked for Christine for a few weeks
*Mother’s Day
*Released a squirrel at the lake
*Nate found a bunch of baby bunnies
*Had some job interviews
*Started a new job (5/21)
*
Went to the temple
*Played Band Hero for Visiting Teaching
*Celebrated Liz’s birthday at Chili’s
*Dad stapled a cut on Gracie Berrett’s head
*Trace (Lexie’s dog) killed a rat
*Mou came over for Memorial Day Weekend
*Almost got hit by a car, but it barely avoided hitting us

June 2010:
*Went to see Shrek 4
*Ashley & Bianca came to visit
*Autumn fell and scraped up her nose pretty bad
*Had a pool/graduation party for Jocey Monzingo
*Went and saw Shrek on the big screen at the baseball park
*Mom & Dad’s kitchen remodel finally got completed
*Had dinner w/ Erin & her family (we used to work together)
*Dad rode in his first cycling race
*Tyler’s Flag Day party
*Celebrated Liberty’s birthday by seeing Iron Man 2 w/ him & Liz & Nick
*Dinner at Chili’s w/ Liz & Liberty
*Slovenija played in the World Cup and beat the USA
*Worked a few days for Christine
*Lexie, Jon & Andrew came up to visit for birthdays
*Father’s Day
*Mom & Lexie’s birthdays
*Nate went into the Air Force
*
Went to the temple
*Saw our city’s fireworks display (they do it the Saturday before 4th of July)
*Spoke in church about patriotism
*Autumn got a bean stuck up her nose
*Liz & Liberty came over for dinner
*Went & saw the midnight showing of Twilight w/ Mary & Christine

July 2010:
*We dog-sat Pam & Dave’s 3 Chihuahuas
*Mou, Lexie, Jon & Andrew came to hang out over 4th of July weekend
*My cousin, Jessica, died
*Autumn & Andrew started swim lessons
*Got 2 root canals done
*Mom went to Utah for Jessica’s funeral
*Wrote letters to Nate
*Went and saw Dream Girls w/ Curt & Mary & Christine
*Liz & Liberty came over to swim
*Aunt Tafta, Uncle Kerry & the Nelson Family came to visit
*Found a fun hole-in-the-wall Greek restaurant
*Autumn & Andrew finished swim lessons
*Went to a baseball game w/ special seats and unlimited food
*Pam & Dave stopped by to visit
*Lexie & Autumn had a Girl’s Night of Beauty
*Birthday party for Andrew & Shane at Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s
*Dad let the grandkids swim on a Sunday
*Went to the temple w/ Liz & Liberty
*Guthrie’s came to visit
*My 1,000th post and I did a giveaway
*Birthday party for Uncle Robert & Tyler & Dad rode in Hotter ‘N’ Hell bike ride

August 2010:
*Mom went to Utah for a few weeks to help Rufio after her heart surgery
*Lots of swimming
*Went to the temple
*Won a giveaway on Jill’s blog
*Dinner at Liz & Liberty’s w/ Sheila & her family
*Went and saw the midnight showing of Eat, Pray, Love
*Mary Brady’s bridal shower
*Went to San Antonio for Nate’s graduation from Air Force Basic Training
*Went to Splashtown as a family
*Autumn got new clothes from Mimi
*Worked on a Saturday at a Home Improvement Show
*Dad rode in the Hotter ‘N Hell Hundred bike race
*Loved Prince Poppycock on America’s Got Talent

September 2010:
*Got a new calling as the female single adult rep for my ward
*I learned how to drive the forklift at work
*Mom & Nick had blood drawn for their annual check ups
*Went to IKEA
*Went to Olive Garden w/ Liz & Liberty
*Discovered the $1 Jewelry Store
*Worked again on a Saturday at another trade show
*Had a nightmare that Autumn died during dental surgery
*Dad turned 55
*Got addicted to the Patrick Bowers book series
*Went to the temple
*Went and saw Ashley’s new baby (Avery)
*Visiting Teaching at Karri Decker’s house
*Nick turned 25
*Mom found out she has diabetes
*Went to Mary Brady’s reception with Liz
*Had a crawfish boil for Dad & Nick’s birthdays

October 2010:
*Had pizza at the park w/ Liz & Liberty
*Pam & Dave come up for Conference Weekend
*I got my hair highlighted
*Nick sliced his forehead open on the back door
*Dad put a new dishwasher in at my house
*Went to Slovenija from Oct 9 – Oct 17
*Autumn had dental surgery and it went just great and she didn’t die
*Autumn got new clothes from Mimi
*I turned 31 and there was the coolest lightning storm that night
*Dad & Autumn carved pumpkins
*Went to dinner at Grimaldi’s with Liz & Liberty
*Went to a Halloween Party at Autumn’s daycare
*Went to 2 church Trunk-Or-Treats with Autumn
*Made Halloween sugar cookies w/ Autumn

November 2010:
*Went and saw Curt’s new puppies and helped give them shots
*Started a new blog w/ Mom’s recipes
*Autumn got some new clothes from Mimi
*Took Autumn & Andrew to the free rodeo events
*Played The Winning Ticket (my favorite board game)
*Lexie & I went to the temple together
*Autumn got new clothes from Mimi
*Went to dinner at Napoli’s and saw Dangerfields there
*Went over to Dangerfield’s house and watched Modern Family
*Put up Christmas lights
*Patriarch & Sis. Snyder had their 50th wedding anniversary
*Went to the Asian Market & then a huge Christmas tree lighting
*Helped Mom make butterhorn rolls & pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving dinner
*Thanksgiving at Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy’s house
*Went to Disney Princesses on Ice meet & greet and show w/ Autumn & Andrew & Lexie
*Stars Hockey Game w/ Liz & Liberty & Lexie & Jon & Nick
*Saw a live taping of Channel 8 News, we were on at the very end
*Decorated for Christmas
*The kids wrote letters to Santa
*Autumn got a new doll that matches her Ms. Claus dress
*Went and saw Tangled
*Autumn & I got flu shots

December 2010:
*Nick & I set up our Christmas tree
*Went to training for work out by the airport
*Went to lunch with Mou
*Volunteered at the creche & then helped Mom pack up her nativities
*Mom & Dad went to San Antonio to visit Nate before he leaves for Mississippi
*Seth & Brittany & Tylee came over to visit
*Went to the temple
*Took pictures for Liz & Liberty
*Had my class I teach at church come over for a pizza party at my house
*White elephant party at Berrett’s
*A Secret Santa did the 12 Days of Christmas for Autumn & I
*Relief Society Christmas dinner
*Drove around to look at Christmas lights & tried roasting marshmallows
*Ward Christmas breakfast
*High School Playoff football game w/ Dad & Mou’s family
*Christmas Party at Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s
*Went to the temple
*Got a new video camera
*Nate came home for Christmas
*Got family pictures taken
*Helped Mom make scrapple & cream cheese bread & butterhorn rolls
*Christmas was wonderful & the kids got a new battery operated truck to drive
*Had a blast making s’mores for random strangers at the shopping center
*11th Annual Pool Dip

 

As I look back over all that happened in 2010, I have to say that it was a great year.  There were hardships and sad things that happened, but that’s how we grow and progress.  I honestly have to say that I don’t know why Acceptance was my word for 2010, and these are some questions I asked at the beginning of the year when I made acceptance my word and some things I’ve learned and accepted over the course of the year.

Acceptance of some major changes?
*Losing my job and getting a new one
*I accept that I lost my job but that I had faith and relied on Heavenly Father and trusted in His plan and was able to find another job that I really like.
*Nate going into the Air Force

Acceptance of a marriage proposal?
*LOL!  Not even close on this one.  I didn’t even go out on any dates this year.
*I accept that I am still single and even though I wish things were different in that aspect of my life, I am very happy with who I am and I am very happy with this stage of my life.  I know the right guy will come along when Heavenly Father knows that both he & I are ready for it.

Accepting myself for who I am?
*I accept that I’m not always the person I want to be.  I have some major flaws and don’t always do what I should to improve upon those flaws or make them better.  However, life is an eternal pursuit of change and being better so I still have hope at becoming better.

Accepting the faults of myself and others without being judgmental?
*I HATE with a passion making goals, and for a long time I considered the “g” word a curse word.  I think I felt that way b/c I didn’t want to make a goal and then not reach it and feel like a failure.  However, I made a goal for this year and am happy to report that I reached that goal.  I went to the temple 12 times this year and by doing so, it richly blessed my life.  I accept that goals can be worthwhile.

Accepting (and being grateful for) all the blessings the Lord has and will give me?
*I accept that I am blessed beyond measure and that all my blessings come from a loving Heavenly Father.  I have the best family, the best friends, an incredible ward, and great support systems all around me.  Being a single divorced Mom is really hard, but they all make it so much easier for me.  I don’t know what I would do without them, especially my parents.  I hope they know that they mean the world to me and that I can never thank them enough for all that they do.

Here’s to hoping that everyone’s 2011 brings health and happiness and great things your way!

No comments: