CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year’s Eve

IMG_0288 Today was full of fun things.  I got off work at 2:00 b/c it was so slow and only 3 phone calls came in the whole day.  I stopped and got Autumn and we went over to Mom & Dad’s house.  Lexie & Jon & I went to Theresa Reeves’ wedding reception.  Lexie was excited to see Hanah & Lacey, her friends from high school.  They’re all so beautiful.

IMG_0294 We were laughing b/c Bradley (Hanah’s son) was just laying in a chair looking bored to tears.  I waved at him b/c I feel like I know him b/c of Hanah’s blog but then realized he has no clue who I am.

IMG_0295 This was the only good picture I got of Theresa, b/c she was busy doing reception stuff like cutting the cake and getting pictures taken and normal bride type stuff.  I am so happy for her & Daniel.  I was especially happy b/c she had 3 different types of cake (vanilla, chocolate and strawberry) and they were all super good.

IMG_0296 After that, we left and went to Dots & the $1 Jewelry Store.  Jon was loving that…NOT!  When we got home, I decided to take the kids outside so they could run around and burn off some energy.  I love that Autumn is such a girly girl and insists on wearing her dress w/ nice church shoes, yet she climbs around on the fort at the same time.  She’s the best of both worlds.

IMG_0300 After driving around the truck for a while, the kids wanted to run around some more.  I got them to run up and down this pretty walkway Dad put in a long time ago.

IMG_0307 I noticed that Dad had cut back some of these bushes that used to cover up these seats, so I had the kids stand up there so I could get a picture.

IMG_0316

IMG_0317 ”Kiss me, you fool.”

IMG_0318 It’s so funny that at one moment they can be sweet and giving each other hugs and kisses but then 30 seconds later they have found some sticks and are having a sword fight.

IMG_0332

IMG_0341I told them that they needed to be pirates and go to the top of the fort.  They were more than happy to oblige, especially after I told them I was Captain Hook and was going to get them.  The sun was starting to set and the sky was so pretty.

IMG_0336 I told Autumn to pretend like she was Mulan and started singing, “Be A Man”.

IMG_0343

IMG_0348 They found all sorts of rocks to climb on and jump off of to do their cool karate kicks.  I need to do things like this more often, b/c they had such a blast just being kids and being outside and finding fun and creative things to do with the things around them.  Autumn decided she was a sassy pirate and kept putting her hand on her hips while waving her sword around.

IMG_0353

IMG_0355The sun eventually went down and we came in b/c it was dark and cold.  The kids were hungry, so Dad found them each a can of Pringles that they started to scarf down on.  He told them that they had to share, so Nate and I decided to use our Pringles to look like ducks.

IMG_0357 We passed the time by watching Despicable Me, which was a really cute movie.  It held the kids’ attention and even had us adults laughing quite a few times.  After the movie was over, it was 10:40 so we decided to watch the New Years celebrations in New York and pretend like our 11:00 was midnight.  We got out our fancy crystal goblets and our Welch’s non-alcoholic sparkling cider.

IMG_0358 We counted down and “clinked” our glasses together (like on Despicable Me).  The kids didn’t quite get what was going on and weren’t big fans of the sparkling cider.

IMG_0364 In the past few years, Andrew has fallen asleep on the couch and so we’ve put a bottle of the sparkling cider in his hands to make it look like he was passed out & drunk.  But, since he was awake this year, we had to fake it.  He couldn’t stop smiling so Nate went over and sat down next to him and pretended w/ him so we could get a picture.  Autumn & I went home and were in bed by 11:30, so we rang in our official New Year by sleeping.  It was a good day and I’m excited to see what 2011 will bring.

No comments: