CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

My Mom Is A Druggie & My Brother Is A Lush

IMG_9954 We got a Christmas package from the Patzolds, our FABULOUS German neighbors from when we lived in Germany, and it was full of yummy chocolate goodies.  There were kinder eggs and coconut balls and Milka bars all sorts of yummy treats.  They are so sweet to think of us and send us gifts.

Poor Mom has thrown out her back or pulled a muscle or something b/c she can barely move and it kills her just to stand up from sitting on the couch.  She wasn’t up to cooking tonight and told me to stop and get some Panda Express on the way home.  I was good and got steamed veggies for my side instead of fried rice or noodles like I would usually get.  Mom said she doesn’t know how she would make it through the day w/out her muscle relaxant pill.  I’ve had my back hurt once really bad and sympathize w/ her b/c you really can’t move w/ out excruciating pain.  I know the title of this post says she’s a druggie, but she’s really not.  We were just laughing at her b/c she said she loves her drugs.

IMG_3454There were 2 of these gold bars of chocolate as well and I noticed they said Lindt on the top, which is some of the best chocolate ever in my opinion.  So, I opened up the package to try one and put one in my mouth and was shocked when I bit down.  There was liquid inside of the chocolate and it started to burn my throat.  The chocolate was full of alcohol!  I hurried and spit it out and rinsed my mouth out w/ some Sprite.

Nick was at work but came over after he got done and saw the box of treats.  I was naughty and gave him a piece of this chocolate and told him to try it b/c I wasn’t sure what was in the middle of each piece.  He popped the whole piece of chocolate in his mouth and just chewed for a second.  I asked him what it tasted like and he said, “Nothing.  It’s just watery.”  I started laughing and told him it was alcohol.  He jumped up and ran into the kitchen and spit it out and said he would call me a bad word if he cussed (but he doesn’t).  I made him hold the chocolate bar for a picture and told him to look drunk.  I kept teasing him throughout the night and told him I’m going to have to tell his Bishop and he’ll have to turn in his temple recommend for breaking the Word of Wisdom.  I’m such a mean sister, but that’s what siblings are for…to tease each other every once in a while.  He was a good sport about the whole thing.

IMG_3453 We also got a package from Grandpa Johnson w/ Christmas gifts.  I was so touched that he would take the time to wrap and mail us gifts.  That’s usually something Grandma Johnson would do.  He sent some things not wrapped and some of those were pins and bracelets that Grandma used to wear.  It was so cute b/c he had written a note to go w/ them jewelry pieces to let us know where they had been bought and what they meant to Grandma.  Dad pinned this pretty rose one on Autumn and she thought she was the queen of the ball.  I miss Grandma so much and feel so blessed to be related to such a hard working and loving and faithful woman!

IMG_9961 When we got home tonight, there was a little present sitting on our front porch!  We opened it up and there was a note inside and this book.  The note said:

Twas the first day of Christmas and all through your house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
’Cept suddenly one little soul did appear,
It is your Christmas friend bringing you holiday cheer.

Tonight calls for a partridge in your pear tree,
But partridges are tough catches, you see.
So, you are getting something you can hold onto tonight,
And by golly it is surely a wonderful sight!

Tonight’s the first night, and this is where it all starts.
Know that each of these gifts comes straight from our hearts.
Now each night going forward, we’ll bring gifts to your door,
The twelve days of Christmas, not one less or one more.

Now beware of this warning – your friend will be here,
But you better not look, or he’ll disappear,
And then all your gifts that were carefully planned
On some other front porch they will surprisingly land.

santa Someone is doing the 12 days of Christmas to us and Autumn is so excited.  I was so excited to get this book, b/c ever since I saw the figurine of Santa kneeling at the manger to worship the Christ child, I have loved that figurine.  This book has a little story to go along with them figurine, and I read it to Autumn & Nick before we went to bed.  It was so sweet and I am so touched that someone would be kind enough to do the 12 days of Christmas for us!

No comments: