CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pretty Skies & Peanut Butter Hair

IMG_3518 It was really slow again today at work, but it gave me time to look up more things on my phrase for the year.  It was all very interesting and enlightening.  After I picked up Autumn from daycare, she wanted to stop by our house so she could put on her navy blue sailor dress.  It used to be that she always wanted to wear her Mrs. Claus dress and then for a while it was her black dress w/ the red bow that looks like a flapper dress and now it’s her navy blue dress.

I wanted to check the mail to see if the cord for my computer or my David Bowman picture or my Shutterfly book of Slovenija pictures had come yet.  None of them had, but I am still glad we stopped b/c I would never have noticed this GORGEOUS sky.  What’s cool is that the sky looked the same whether I was facing East or West.  It’s like it was a mirrored reflection.

We went over to Mom & Dad’s so I could check on Nick and see how he was doing since he’s house sitting while Mom & Dad were gone.  Mom had told me there was some zucchini & cabbage in the fridge that needed to be used, so I made that for dinner and Autumn ate 1/2 the cabbage all by herself.  She LOVES veggies and I’m so glad, b/c most (almost) 4 year olds don’t.

IMG_0788We ate and then watched The Biggest Loser.  I LOVE that show and am so excited for the new season.  It was getting late, so Autumn & I packed up and headed home.  I was helping her brush her teeth when I noticed something in her hair…it was GUM!  I had let her have some gum earlier and it somehow got in her hair.  I thought for sure we were going to have to cut her hair, which I didn’t want to do b/c it was so high up.  So, I busted out the peanut butter to see if that would work.  I am thrilled to report that it worked and I was able to get the gum out w/out having to cut one section of her hair super short.  Needless to say, she won’t be allowed to have gum anytime soon.

I finally got her in bed and then watched Parenthood & Golden Girls from the comfort of my luxurious aqua sheets.  What a day.

No comments: