CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

IMG_3688 This morning when Autumn & I were leaving for the day, our neighbor across the alley was coming out of her gate to take her dog on a walk.  We waved and said hi and it made me laugh to imagine what she might be thinking.  I have had an upgraded car every time she’s seen me over the past few weeks.  I went from my Mitsubishi to the Durango to a Cadillac.  Maybe she wasn’t thinking that at all, but it made me laugh to wonder about it.

During work, I found out that it was only going to cost $47 to fix the Durango!  Thank goodness for small miracles.  They said something was just clogged w/ carbon that was causing the engine to choke and die.  But, it’s all fixed now and Mom went and got it b/c she wanted her Cadillac back tonight.  I liked driving the Cadillac b/c it’s such a smooth ride, but it was nice to get the Durango back and be up high off the road and to sit up straight w/out hitting my head on the roof.

Aunt Sandy came over to spend the weekend b/c she & Mom & Sis. Wright are going to a quilting class.  They left to go to a trade show and earlier in the day I had called Liz at work and we made plans to go to dinner together.  We went to Joe’s Italian Villa b/c they have good food and it’s cheap.  I got a HUGE calzone for only $5.99.  The picture is of the sky on the way to the restaurant (yes, I took that picture while driving…naughty, I know).  They sunset was so pretty and I loved the way the clouds on the left hand side were so dark yet light and wispy where the sun was shining on them.

I love spending time w/ Liz because we always have fun.  Tonight was good, b/c we had a deeper discussion than usual and talked about why certain things happen in life.  I am SO THANKFUL to have her as a friend.  We did our usual thing of arguing about who was going to pay, and sometimes when we do that the waiter acts all awkward and isn’t sure what to do, but our waiter tonight thought it was funny and was flirting w/ us.  It made Liz & I laugh and made my night.  Autumn & I came home and watched a princess movie and then did our nightly routine. 

I like our nightly ritual of her brushing her teeth while I sing the teeth brushing song that Dad used to sing to us when we were little kids.  As soon as I finish the last verse, she runs out of the bathroom and goes and hides under her bed until I come in.  Then she picks out what jammies she wants to wear and I help her get into them, although lately she’s been Little Miss Independent and wants to do it herself.  Then we kneel by her bed and say prayers.  I love how sweet her voice is when she’s praying.  Then after her prayer, she climbs in bed and I tuck the covers under her chin and she picks a song to sing.  Tonight it was “baby Jesus lay down His sweet head”, which is most commonly known as Away In A Manger.  I don’t know why she wants to sing that one since it’s not Christmas anymore, but it’s a good reminder to think of Christ all the time and not just during Christmas.  After we sing, I give her butterfly kisses on the cheek and then she gives me some butterfly kisses on the cheek and then I kiss her on the forehead and tell her good night.  As I walk out the door she tells me every single not to not turn off the light, and I don’t.  I know she doesn’t go right to sleep b/c I hear her in there playing every night, but it’s only for about 10 minutes and then she drifts off to sleep.

She’s such a cute little love bug and I’m thankful beyond measure that she’s mine.  Tonight she was so excited to tell me what she did at college today.  She learned how to count to 10 in Spanish.  She had to tell Papa as soon as he got home.  I LOVE the way she says quatro.  It cracks me up.

1 comment:

LEXIE GUYMON said...

Cute video of Papa & Autumn counting to 10 or 78? LOVE YA!!!