CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just What I Needed To Hear

Today on the way into work, the Durango died.  It did that the other night when I was coming home from Karri’s.  Luckily, when it died a few days ago it was in my driveway so it wasn’t out on the road where someone could have hit me (although there aren’t many cars on the road at 12:30 am).  I hoped that it was just a fluke and listened carefully to the engine when I was driving to see if it was sputtering at all.  Well, I was on an overpass bridge turning onto the road I work on, when I slowed down and it died.  Luckily I was able to put it in park and turn it back on and it started right up.  I called the second I walked into work to get an appointment at my mechanic’s to have it looked at.

They said they could fit me in the tomorrow, which is great.  I was so stressed on the drive home that I gave myself a headache.  I do NOT handle car problems well at all.  It makes me so tense and worried.  But, I was able to go pick up Autumn and make it to Mom & Dad’s w/ out any problems.  We had Wanton Salad for dinner and it was SO GOOD, b/c it just hit the spot.  Mom & I took my car over to the mechanics to leave overnight so they could fix it tomorrow.

Mom let me use her Cadillac so I could get to and from work in the morning.  I brought Autumn home and left her here with Nick so I could go to my Single Adult stake meeting at the church.  I found out that there is no longer going to be a Single Adult ward representative calling anymore, so this was our last meeting.  Pres. Jones said something at the end of the meeting that almost made me cry.  He said, “I just want to thank all of your for your service and remind you that Heavenly Father loves each of you individually and is mindful of you and has a special plan for you.”  It something that I didn’t realize that I needed to hear until it was said.  It struck a cord in my soul and brought me so much peace.

savior's love This picture just conveyed perfectly how Pres. Jones’ words made me feel.  This is a picture by David Bowman (the same one that I got my Walk On the Water picture from).  Sometimes it is so hard to be single and not have the love and help and support of a spouse.  I really thought I was going to meet someone in December and when that didn’t happen, I had to let my faith take over in knowing that Heavenly Father is aware of me and my needs.  After my divorce, I always figured that I would be remarried within a year or two, but it’s now going on 4 years that I’ve been w/out a spouse.  I see lots of friends and family around me that are getting married or are having their 2nd or 3rd child and I am genuinely thrilled and ecstatic for them.  But at the same time, it makes me long to have that in my own life as well.  So, it was very comforting to hear Pres. Jones speak those words and remind me that there’s a purpose in the way my life has played out thus far.

Anyways, after the meeting I stopped at WalMart to get some groceries.  I was walking down the produce aisle when I saw Evan, who was Nate’s really close friend during Basic Training.  I didn’t know he was working there and was happy to see him.  I gave him a hug and we talked for a few seconds and I asked him how Nate is, b/c I haven’t talked to Nate in forever.

After saying good bye to Evan, I realized how sad it is that I had to ask Nate’s friend about how my own brother is doing.  So, I called Nate and we talked for a while.  I was telling him how Walker called me the other day and that I was laughing the whole time I talked to Walker.  Nate said, “We need to figure out how to get our sassy back” and I laughed and realized how right he is.  I used to be all crazy and fun and energetic and sometimes I feel like I’m just coasting through life.  It was good to k to Nate and I miss him.

2 comments:

LEXIE GUYMON said...

WOW, Essa Wee I LOVE this picture! Thanks for sharing this b/c I am struggling with feeling depressed & so I needed to read this too! LOVE YA!!!

glenda said...

I need a mechanic...who do you call?