CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fabulous FHE

IMG_3818 Yesterday when I picked Autumn up, her teacher said she had been acting really blah all day and had taken a 3 hour nap, which is unusual for her. During the night Autumn kept waking up coughing, but it didn’t sound like a barky croup cough. It was more of a down-in-your-lungs phlegmycough. So, Mom & Dad were kind enough to watch her for me today so she could stay home and recover instead of going to school. I definitely have strep throat and the beginning of a cold. Luckily I don’t have a fever, so it’s not the full blown flu. I made it through work and then went over to Mom & Dad’s house. Autumn was so excited to see me and tell me all about the fun things she did today. She said that she helped plant tomatoes and cucumbers in the garden w/ Papa. She also got to use scissors to cut out a zebra. She had me close my eyes and she led me into the bathroom to show me that Papa had put her zebra on his mirror. She was so proud of it.

IMG_3820 We had salad & Ollie North Chicken for dinner. I LOVE Ollie North Chicken b/c it’s so flavorful and reminds me of summer. After we ate, Dad said he was going to take Mom out to see the new clinic. We all wanted to go along, so we piled into the Durango and took off. Autumn made me laugh b/c she insisted on wearing her sunglasses even though it was cloudy outside. And, she’s wearing them upside down. At least she’s rockin’ the look like nobody’s business. Who knows, maybe it will become a trend and catch on to wear sunglasses upside down? What a kid!

Before we left, Dad had to show us this cool thing he added to his Corvette that takes it from “mild to wild.” It’s some thing where he just pushes a remote button and it makes the Vet a LOT louder when he hits the gas. He’s so funny and I’m glad he’s thoroughly enjoying his new car. He so deserves it!

IMG_3822 The new clinic is literally around the corner (3 suites away) from where the old one was. They moved b/c they needed more room. They hire someone to come in and do adorable paintings on the walls. Isn’t this so cute and look at the detail on that rope! It looks so real. Talk about ridiculous amounts of talent! The new clinic is really nice and spacious and I’m glad the business is doing well and growing.

IMG_3826 I said that since we had driven all the way out there, we might as well go do something fun. So, I came up w/ the idea to stop at the $1 Store and each of us would try to find one silly/random item to send to Nate in a care package. Here are 3 random things I found that I thought were funny. A medium sized bikini top or a baby bib that said “born to eat” or a crazy straw hat.

IMG_3827 I ended up getting him the crazy straw hat and here is what everyone else got him. I don’t think he reads my blog, so I’m not worried about him finding out (unless someone tells him). It was a fun FHE activity and the $1 has some really good stuff. We ended up spending $15 and Dad wanted to know how that happened instead of just spending $6 b/c we all bought him 1 thing plus tax. Mom got a few extra things for the grandkids for this summer and I got some fingernail polish and a 4th of July thing to hang on my front door and a generic version of the Bump It (that thing you put in your hair to give it a bump in the front).

IMG_3828We came home and watched Survivor and Mom had gone and gotten regular Mt. Dew and the WalMart brand b/c the other day Nick was saying he can tell a difference between the name brand and generic brand. So, we had a little secret taste test and to my surprise he really could tell the difference. I couldn’t and told him if he wants to pay to buy regular Mt. Dew, which is way more expensive than the WalMart brand, then he can buy his own soda. Otherwise, I’m just going to keep getting the Mounting Lightning b/c it’s only 78cents for a big bottle. He decided he’ll let me keep buying him the generic stuff…he’s a smart boy.

Before I knew it, it was 9:30 and I needed to get Autumn home and into bed. We came home and both crashed as soon as our heads hit the pillow. I really hope this strep/cold goes away soon b/c I am excited about attending the Single Adult Conference on Saturday.

No comments: