CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

P&P With L&L

IMG_1710 I woke up this morning and had a sore throat and a runny nose. I think I’m getting sick, but still went into work and just powered through it. Mom called and said that they were going to go out to dinner & a movie w/ Curt & Mary. Mom said she told Curt she would not go ANYWHERE w/ him w/ his hair looking so horrible. So, she forced him into letting her shave his head. Autumn has been asking me for weeks if we can go to the park, so tonight was the night. I texted Liz & Liberty to see if they wanted to come to the park & have pizza w/ us and they said yes. I stopped and got the pizza then stopped and got Autumn then stopped at the house to get my camera and we headed to the park. Autumn LOVES crazy bread and ate about 4 pieces all by herself! She also takes after me and loves dipping her food in sauces.

IMG_1712 While we waited for L&L to get there, Autumn kept wanting me to go play w/ her but I told her we had to wait b/c we couldn’t just leave our pizza there unattended. So, she walked over to this wall and kept seeing if she could find a hand to match the size of hers.

IMG_1717 L&L got there and brought drinks. It had been perfect weather in the 60’s, but then the sun went behind some clouds and it got windy and cold so we all put on jackets while we ran around the playground. There was a big party going on at one of the pavilions w/ loud music and a LOT of people. I’ve never seen so many people at the park before. Autumn wanted to swing, but all the normal swings were taken, so she settled for a baby swing. She looked so funny w/ her long legs sticking out of the holes, but she had fun and that’s what counts the most.

IMG_1721 Once some regular swings opened up, we went over there to play. I pushed Autumn and Liberty pushed Liz. But she didn’t last very long b/c she said she ate too much and it was making her sick. Then it was her turn to push him and he kept kicking his foot back and she would let out a scream. It’s always entertaining when they’re around.

IMG_1719 Autumn kept wanting me to run around and chase her, and I did for a little bit. But I was carrying my camera and the big case and it kept getting in the way. Plus, I wanted to talk to L&L for a little bit. So, I told her I would time her as to how long it would take her to climb to the top of the tallest slide and slide down. I’m surprised she’s been doing it b/c usually she won’t go down the slide w/ out someone going w/ her. She’s growing by leaps and bounds and I’m so proud of my little bug.

IMG_1723We finally left b/c I wasn’t feeling too good and just wanted to go home and veg. We walked into the bathroom and there was a new step stool in front of the sink! Then we went in the living room and there was this cute Autumn-sized table and chairs. I asked Autumn who it could be from, and she said, “It’s from Santa Claus. He loves me and I love him.” I told her it wasn’t Christmas yet so maybe they were from Papa. She thought about that for a minute and said, “Yeah, Papa loves me too!” Right away she went and got her stuffed animals and put them in the chairs and pulled them up to the table and covered them up w/ blankets. She’s such a good little mama to her stuffed animals.

After that, she wanted to watch Matilda. We were watching it and paused it to run over to Decker’s to get my camera that I left there last night on accident. Then we came home and finished the movie. She didn’t like the part where Ms. Trunchbull makes Brucey eat the whole cake. But then she likes the part where he does and all the kids cheer. She kept saying the cake scared her. She’s a funny girl. My throat was hurting so bad by this point that I had Nick bring home some peppermint tea bags from Mom & Dad’s house b/c hot tea w/ honey in it sounded good.

IMG_3817 I drank it and Autumn did NOT like the smell of the peppermint tea and after I drank it she came over and smelled my breath and said, “EWWW! You have stinky breath, Mama.” That made me laugh b/c she usually loves peppermint stuff. I put Autumn to bed and then went and got in bed myself b/c I wanted to get lots of sleep in hopes of it making me feel better. Not 2 minutes later and I heard my door creak open and it was Autumn. I let her come get in bed w/ me and we went to sleep. She started coughing a lot after a few minutes and I had a feeling she was going to cough so hard she was going to throw up (she did that on Monday night when Nick was watching her while I was at Bachelor and I thought it might have just been the 3 huge plates of cabbage she ate). I grabbed the bowl I had on the side of the bed and sure enough, she threw up some phlegm and liquid. I feel so bad for her. I hope we can both get better soon.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ben and I were cracking up over the "I love Santa and he loves me" line from Autumn! What a kick in the pants! :)

I sent you something this week--let me know when you get it. I was too cheap to spring for the delivery confirmation and want to make sure you get it.