CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeding The Ducks

Today at work, Liz sent me a text to ask if I wanted to go to lunch. It’s funny she did that, b/c this morning as I was driving to work I was thinking about how I need to go to lunch w/ Liz sometime this week. So, I went over to her office and we went to lunch at Amigo’s. We love that place b/c the food is cheap and good and filling. She even drove in her nice new car. I like the new car smell. During lunch, we were talking about how a few years ago everyone we knew was getting married and now it seems like everyone we know is having babies. Liz was saying how that’s all she wants right now is to have a baby. We talked about how each good thing in life comes w/ it’s own set of blessings and it’s own set of challenges & responsibilities. Things always seem greener on the other side of the fence, but the point is that no matter how green it is, the lawn still has to be mowed. It was so good to get out of the office for a little while and spend time w/ Liz.

After work, Autumn & I came home instead of going over to Mom & Dad’s house b/c Bro. Jensen came over to issue me a calling in the stake (Stake Single Adult Rep since they got rid of SA reps on the ward level). Autumn & I cooked a frozen WalMart pizza for dinner and it was really good.

IMG_3790 After eating, Autumn wanted to go over to the duck ponds to feed the ducks. We had some bread that I had been saving for them, so we went to the ponds w/ our bread. You can’t tell in this picture, but the ducks were brave tonight and got pretty close to Autumn.

IMG_3791 The sun started to go down, and giant mosquitoes came out, so we hurried and headed home. I thought this picture looked so cool. The fountain in the middle looks like there’s a fire in the center of it, but it’s just a light. But, it still looks neat.

We got home and Autumn out of nowhere said she wanted to go to the movies and get popcorn! Then she asked me to sing, “Let’s Go To The Movies” from Annie. I did and talked her into staying home to watch a movie instead. We reinstituted one of our favorite treats from the summer and had a purple cow (like a root beer float but you use grape soda instead of root beer) and we watched Princess & The Frog. Then it was off to bed. It was a great evening of just spending time with the two of us.

1 comment:

Megan said...

What is your new calling? Stake Relief Society President? ;)