CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I Love AUtumn This morning when I was getting Autumn ready for church she asked me to put her hair in a side ponytail, so that’s what I did. She was pretty good during sacrament meeting and I thoroughly enjoyed the testimonies that were shared. They were simple yet profound testimonies instead of “thank-a-monies” or “travel logs”.

IMG_1595

IMG_1596We got home and had to do our traditional “after church” picture. I’m so glad I’ve started doing that so I have lots of pictures to choose from to put on the front cover of my blog books. We did one nice one (although Autumn’s not doing her pretty smile) and then we had to do a silly face one.

IMG_1597

IMG_1617

We changed our clothes and then headed over to Mom & Dad’s. Autumn wanted to go outside to swing and Dad was nice and went out there w/ her. They came back in a little bit later and brought us some gorgeous and super fragrant hyacinth flowers. We could smell them from across the kitchen. Autumn said they climbed “the mountain” to get them. It’s the big hill in the back yard. I am going to say it now and I know I’ll say it at least 48 more times before June, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE spring. It’s by far and away my most favorite season of the year.

IMG_1598We decided to do a low-key lunch and just had sloppy joes. The weather was so nice that we went outside and ate. We started at the table under the patio, but it was a bit too chilly in the shade so we moved out into the sun and that was perfect. After eating, Autumn wanted to play Duck, Duck, Goose. I told her to start w/ me so that she would end up saying “goose” on Dad. But, to our surprise, she just kept going around and around and around saying duck. After about 15 minutes of that (we just kept visiting while she went around), she never did pick a goose. Maybe that’s b/c SHE is a silly goose.

IMG_1605 When we were done and got everything cleaned up Autumn said she wanted to go on a walk over to the lot to throw sticks in the stream. She asked if we could take a wagon, so Dad went and found this one out in the shed. We were shocked and super happy that Mom said she would go with us. Dad asked Autumn if she wanted to get in the wagon and he would pull her. She said no, so he said he would get in. I thought he was kidding, but he took the sides off of the wagon and climbed in and told Autumn to pull him. She tried, but he was too heavy so Mimi helped out.

IMG_1607 Once they got to the little slope on the driveway, Mom let go and gave Dad the handle so he could steer and he just coasted on down the driveway with Autumn pushing. Our neighbors across the street, the Berards, were out in their yard doing some yard work. They heard us laughing and started laughing too when they saw Dad in the wagon. We stayed and talked to them for a while and they are such neat and wonderful people. It was good to see them.

IMG_1614We walked over to the lot and gathered sticks all along the way and put them in the wagon. The stream is really low, but Autumn still had fun throwing sticks. We made sure Dad held onto her shirt so she didn’t get too overzealous and close to the edge. After our little outing, we came home and watched Enchanted just to relax. It’s such a cute movie.

IMG_1620 We made dinner and then after we ate, I told Autumn to hurry and put on her fast running shoes so we could run and look at the “Popcorn Popping On The Apricot Tree” and the sun was starting to go down and I didn’t want to lose the good light we had. These huge and gorgeous trees are right by the entrance to Mom & Dad’s subdivision and are just so pretty.

IMG_1623I love spring & Autumn and Autumn enjoying spring.

IMG_1633 Look at these gorgeous flowers.

IMG_1630We walked back to the house and noticed these pretty yellow daffodils.

IMG_1635 Liz & Liberty stopped by to show us their new car. They got a really nice 2009 Camry. And, Liberty wanted to see Dad’s Corvette. Dad took him for a ride and then came back and let Liberty drive it. I love the looks on L&L’s faces in this picture. Liberty is giddy w/ child-like excitement and Liz is scared. It’s the “save me” look! They drove around for a little while and then came back and Liberty said he loved it and Liz said she’s glad she didn’t die. They stayed for a while and talked and had us laughing a lot.

IMG_1636Emma is so silly and loves to lick Dad’s head when he sits on the floor. I don’t know if it’s the salt on his head or what, but she always does it if he lets her.

I must be emotional tonight, b/c I cried tonight when we watched Secret Millionaire, and then when I watched Coming Home, and then Army Wives. I am so thankful for good shows that focus on positive things to help counteract all the negative stuff that’s usually on the news.

1 comment:

LEXIE GUYMON said...

Aww...it looked like you guys sure had A LOT of fun, so I wish we lived closer so we could come have fun too! LOVE YA!!!