CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Power of Words


This video had me bawling like a baby when I saw it. First of all, the music is very moving. Then the kindness of the woman to stop and change the man's sign without saying a word and how he reaches out to touch her shoes so he can recognize her when she comes by again. Such a good reminder of how powerful our words are and how showing love and kindness doesn't have to be a huge thing. Most often it's the small and little things that mean the most. One thing that made me sad, though, was how people were kind enough to give him money but not kind enough to put it in his jar for him. They just threw it on the cardboard box he was sitting on and he had to feel around for it. If they had just taken a tiny bit more effort to put it in his little tin can that would have helped him so much.




I'm sitting here w/ tears streaming down my cheeks just typing this up. I have such a soft spot in my heart for people who have to struggle so much. My life is blessed beyond belief and I have so much to be thankful for, and I need to do more to help others. I was wondering why today is called Good Friday when it was HORRIBLE Friday for the Savior. But then I realized it's called Good Friday b/c He was willing to give His life for us. So, even though it was an awful day for him, it is GOOD that He fulfilled His part in the Father's plan. And it's GOOD that He loved all of us enough to suffer so much. And it's GOOD that we can share His love for us with others by being kind to them. What a great reminder of what Easter and the Savior are all about!

No comments: