CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day 2011

IMG_2605 I got up at 6:30 am today, which is early for me, so I could get ready and then get Autumn ready.  We left early and went over to Mom & Dad’s house so we could make breakfast in bed for Dad, plus Dad said he wanted to see Autumn’s “Mulan dress.  He was already awake and Lexie had made waffles.  So, we just had some waffles and gave Dad our gift of a tie that says “World’s Greatest Dad” and a card.

IMG_2604 She looked so adorable in her dress.  I tried talking her into letting me put her hair in a bun, but she wanted it in a long and low pony tail like Mulan does.

IMG_2607 The kids were so excited to give Papa their shirt they made last night, but he was out putting chemicals in the pool.  Autumn is wearing an apron so she wouldn’t spill syrup from the waffles on her Mulan dress.

IMG_2609 I had Papa come in so he could get their present.  He said he loved it and they were proud of their gift.

IMG_2610 Dad requested to have roast, carrots, potatoes, and gravy for his Father’s Day dinner.  He even helped peel some carrots even though we told him he’s not allowed to help w/ his special dinner.  I made manly jello since he wanted that, too.

IMG_2612 Church was good and Autumn just beamed when people complimented her dress.  After church we came home and changed and went over to Mom & Dad’s to have lunch.  As soon as I walked in the door, Mom said that she had been crying and crying and crying.  I asked her why and she said she got a package that touched her.  Grandpa Johnson had gone and gotten this doily framed that Grandma Johnson made.  He wrote a note (see below) that explained how she only made 3 of them in her lifetime and one went to Tafta (her only daughter) one went to Julie (her first granddaughter) and she wanted Mom to have the last one b/c Mom helped quilt the quilt tops that Grandma Johnson would make.

It was such a neat and touching gift and he even put a picture of Mom & Grandma Johnson in the frame along w/ a little fabric tag in the bottom right hand corner that said “Handmade by Arleen T Johnson”  and a plaque that says, “Roll stitched doily given to Lisa H. Johnson June 22, 2011 crocheted by Arleen Taft Johnson”.  He put a lot of thought and effort into it and that will be something we will always cherish and hand down as a family heirloom.

Dear Lisa,
Here is a roll stitched doily Arleen made.  She only made three.  Julie received one for her graduation.  Tafta is getting one for her birthday.  Arleen thought so much of you.  Arleen was so pleased and thankful for all the quilting you did for her.  She said these doilies were so hard and difficult to make.  She said these doilies are a labor of love.  You and Kerry have raised a good family.  You are both good role models.  Arleen & I both love you.  Again, thank you.
~Grandpa J.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

IMG_2614 We were going to wait for Dad to get home to eat, but he was tied up at work so we went ahead and ate without him.  Mom had a few special things up her sleeve for Jon (and Dad when he got home) to go along with lunch.  She made them grilled onions and also had lobster for them.

IMG_2616 She made a peach pie for Jon since that’s what he requested and 2 banana cream pies for Dad.  This pie top was cute b/c it had hearts cut out of it.  It was an incredible meal and Mom is an amazing cook and always makes things so nice for everyone.

IMG_2619 I was going to do all the dishes after we ate, but had to go lay down on the couch for just a minute.  Next thing I knew, I had been asleep for 2 hours.  That’s what I get for staying up late the past few nights.  Dad & Andrew looked like they might take a nap, but they were just snuggling.  Papa is so amazing and loves and adores his grandkids.

IMG_2628 Autumn kept begging to go swimming, but I had to tell her multiple times that we don’t swim on Sunday.  The kids were getting stir crazy from being inside all day, so even though it was hot and humid we went out outside so they could run around.  I had to get the traditional “sit on the steps and give each other a kiss” picture.  So stinkin’ cute.

IMG_2622 They played on the fort for a while and then asked if they could drive the truck.  I was glad they wanted to drive it b/c they haven’t used it in a while.

IMG_2639It was getting dark and I had sweat dripping down the back of my neck b/c of the humidity so we finally came in.  The kids disappeared into Mom & Dad’s room.  They were laughing up a storm, so I went back there thinking that they were playing with Dad.  But he was putting China pictures on Facebook and they were taking turns hugging each other and falling onto the bed.  They laughed and laughed as if it was the funniest thing ever.

We finally had to call it a night so I could get Autumn home and into bed so she won’t be a grouchy girl tomorrow.  I wanted to wish a Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s & future Dad’s out there.  Autumn & I are blessed beyond belief to have the Dad/Papa we do.  He is the hardest working person I know.  He is the most faithful and spiritual man I know.  He loves and respects my Mom and has taught me to expect nothing less in my own marriage someday.  He works hard so he can play hard and has been such an incredible male role model in Autumn’s life.  We love you, Dad/Papa!

1 comment:

The Watson's said...

How cool! You guys have been busy lately. I hope to see you all soon.