CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Project Life Tuesday

IMG_5334 I had ordered a Clementine & Cobalt core kit when they first became available, b/c I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to use for my 2012 PLife.  I ended up going w/ Cobalt, but held onto the Clementine b/c I knew I could use it for something else.  Well, I was so caught up and up to date w/ my 2012 that I decided I needed to work on another PLife.  So, I decided to go back through my blog for 2010 and pick out a picture a day and do a 2010 PL.  I got out my Clementine kit and decided I should take pictures of my process.  I like to lay out all the cards on the floor and see what filler card I think goes w/ the date card.

IMG_5328 Then I match up the journaling cards to the date card and filler card.  Here are the combinations that I liked and came up with.

IMG_5329 I also lay them out in order of how I am going to put them in the book.

IMG_5330 For some reason I have a severe aversion to the 10 of hearts card in this kit.  I just don’t like it at all.  So, I am using it for now until I can find some other cardstock to use in its place.

IMG_5333Here’s the last one.  I also didn’t like the bright orange arrow stickers that came w/ this kit.  So, I had some leftovers from my original kit that are a more neutral tan color that I decided to use.

IMG_5339I got my pictures printed off at WalMart and there are over 300 pictures, and this is only the first 1/2 of 2010 (January – June)!  Seeing this huge stack makes me SO HAPPY!  It means that I am doing something with the thousands of pictures I take, and that they aren’t just sitting on my hard drive.  In my mind, they are being “brought to life” where they will be looked at and enjoyed and have a home.

IMG_5343-1 I got so much done in just a few week’s time.  I started the week on Monday January 04.  I haven’t done the journaling for the first picture b/c I think I want to use a different picture.  But at least I have the journaling card ready to go if I do decide to change out the picture.

IMG_5344-1 It was Autumn’s birthday this week, so I did a Design C insert and filled up one of the 6 spots w/ a big journaling card.

IMG_5345-1 On the left is the back of the Design C insert along w/ the 2nd half of week 2.  I had originally printed off a picture, but decided I wanted a different one, so I left it blank for now and did the journaling and will just print the other picture when I put in my next picture order.

IMG_5346-1 On week three I did another Design C insert b/c we had gotten a professional photo shoot done back in December and finally got the pictures sent on a CD during week three.

IMG_5347-1 The left side is the back of the Design C insert and then the second half of week 3 on the right.

IMG_5348-1 I like using the same journaling card for the whole week b/c it gives the 2 page spread a cohesive look and it puts the focus on the pictures.

IMG_5349-1 I was happy to notice that each week I usually have 6 pictures of people and then 1 picture of something that’s not a person.  I didn’t do that on purpose, it just happened that way.  I think I’ll try to do that on purpose for my 2012 album now.  I like that the focus is on people, but it’s nice to also show something else each week.

IMG_5350-1 We had a snow day this week, so I did an insert.

IMG_5352 I love using Picasa collages to fit more than one picture into a 4x6 slot.

IMG_5354I skipped taking a picture of week 8, b/c there was some personal information I needed to blur out and didn’t have the time and wanted to get this post done.  I don’t have internet at home, so I need to go online sometime when I’m at my Mom & Dad’s house and get a picture of my Mamarrazi class off line and put it in this slot.

So, there’s my 2010 update so far.  It’s been awesome to work on it a little at a time in the evenings once Autumn goes to bed and I’m just relaxing and have the TV on.  It helps me feel productive and I know this will be a treasured memory for me and my family to look back at in years to come.

I am linking up over at The Mom Creative today!

6 comments:

Cami said...

This is so completely inspiring! Nine weeks! Way to go! You are just a perfect example of how PL is meant to be about being able to not be overwhelming. I love how clean everything looks. And I am in love with the photo of your stack of pictures. Great shot!

Suzanne said...

Ohhhh I love how you put the coordinating cards together first! I am using Cobalt but may have to do something similar. It's so much easier seeing it all laid out like this then in the boxes they come in. Thanks for sharing!

Jules said...

Wow, you are super organised! Love the co-ordinated look you have going on in those fab pages.

Tamara said...

I LOVE that you are going back and doing your 2010 photos - such an awesome thing to do!!
I also really like the look of using all the same journalling cards - I never thought of doing that, but it looks awesome.

kristina proffitt said...

Wowee!! Great job! Love how organized you are about it all!!

Julie Coryell said...

Wow! Way to go. Love how you organized everything!