CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

10 Years Ago Today

14 Brenner tagged me in a picture on Facebook today along w/ Riley & Willard to let us know that exactly 10 years ago today we all entered the MTC to start our missions.  I can’t even believe that it’s been 10 years!  Where has the time gone?  It only seems like a few years ago!  In this picture I am in Rufio’s living room packing up all the belongings I would use for the  next 18 months.

16 This was at the MTC before I said a tearful goodbye to my family.  I wouldn’t get to see them for the next 18 months.  Look at how young Nick & Nate look!  I was starting off on the journey of a lifetime.  I had no idea what type of hardships I would face.  I had no idea how hard it would be.  I also had no idea how amazing and life changing it would be.

19 I had no idea who my companion would be.  I met Willard, Brenner & Riley that first day when we all got to the room we would share.  (I have no idea who that guy is that’s waving behind us).  Would I like these girls?  Would we get along?  Were they nice?  We had so many great experiences together.

Looking back at my time in the MTC & the time I spent in Slovenija, I don’t regret serving a mission at all.  That’s not to say there weren’t awful and horrible days.  There were many tears shed over those 18 months.  But there was also incredible growth, learning, maturing, and memories made.  I think about my mission everyday.  It is by far one of the greatest things I’ve done and one of the best experiences of my life.

I am thankful that I’ve been doing Project Life w/ my mission.  It’s allowed me to relive all the great things that transpired over those 18 months.  I had forgotten about all the little meaningful things.  It’s been wonderful to relive all those moments.  It will be fun to look back 10 years from now and see what the next decade brings.

No comments: