CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Love To See The Temple, Autumn Got To Go There Today

P1050187This morning we woke up and Autumn asked if we could have blue waffles, b/c she liked having the green ones so much for St. Patrick’s Day.  I said sure, so we whipped up a batch of blue waffle mix and had those for breakfast.  Then we watched the season finale episode of Pretty Little Liars and I was shocked that they finally revealed who “A” is.  Although I love the way they left it open that “someone” in the red jacket is really calling the shots.  Anyways, by this time it was 11:00 so Autumn & I rushed home, got cleaned up fast, and went to a baptism at the church.  3 boys in our ward got baptized, and I was surprised b/c usually kids get baptized when they are 8.  However, these kids are older and I even had one of them in my Primary class last year and I didn’t know he hadn’t been baptized yet.  It was such a neat thing to see all 3 boys in this family get baptized by their Dad.  There was a huge turn out and I’m thankful Autumn was able to see a baptism so she can be excited for her own someday.

After the service, we were both hungry so we ran by Chipotle to have lunch.  We shared a bowl and it was great to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the perfect spring weather.

P1050189 After we finished eating, I told her I was going to take her somewhere special and beautiful and that it was a surprise.  She tried guessing where I was going to take her and asked if she was going to get to run around and play.  I’m sure she was thinking McDonald’s.  We drove up to the temple and she still didn’t know where we were.  When I told her the temple, she instantly said “Do I have to sing?”  I started laughing so hard b/c I had  no idea why she would ask that.  I assured her she wouldn’t have to sing.  I wonder if it’s b/c we sing “I love to see the temple” a lot and she thought she had to sing that song???  Anyways, we got out and she went right over to smell the flowers in the beautiful flowerbeds.

P1050196 I have been wanting to bring her to the temple for over a year, but the timing just never worked out.  I was so glad that today was finally the day.  At Stake Conference, Sis. Packard (the temple matron) said something that really struck a cord in me.  She said, “bring your children to the temple and let them touch the temple.  Let them come feel the Spirit that is there.  The temple will touch them in return.”  I just sat down on one of the benches and snapped pictures of Autumn walking around.  I really wish I had my nice camera, but my point and click camera worked fine too.

P1050214 I am thankful that Autumn inherited my love & appreciation of nature.

temple flowers How can you not enjoy these gorgeous flowers?  The one in the middle on the bottom made me laugh b/c it reminds me of the plant on Little Shop of Horrors.  I totally had to say, “feed me, Seymour” to myself.  LOL!  My favorite flowers were the hot pink tulips w/ the rough/frayed edges (like the one in the top left hand corner of this collage).

P1050209 As we walked around I would tell Autumn things about the temple.  I told her these are the steps where couples who have just been sealed come and stand for pictures.  She of course had to go stand and pose for me.  I want her to have it in her mind from a very young age that this is where she’ll be married someday.

P1050221 There was a tiny space between this column where she squeezed in.  I think this is one of my favorite pictures of her ever.  I will for sure be printing this out in an 8x10 to frame and remind both of us of that time we went to the temple together.  It was such a sacred and special experience for me.  We were able to talk about the peaceful feelings we had in our hearts as we walked around the temple grounds and through the temple lobby. 

P1050233 As we were talking about the Holy Ghost and how we can only have him around if we choose the right, she asked such a smart and profound question.  She asked if we lose the Holy Ghost by making bad choices if we can ever get him back.  I was able to tell her about repentance and how we can always change and choose the right thanks to Jesus and His sacrifice for us.  She thought about it for a few seconds, nodded, gave me a big hug and then walked off to go smell some more flowers.  I was so touched her sweet and simple faith.

P1050225 As we were walking around, I kept thinking of Sis. Packard’s words and how thankful I was that Autumn & I were sharing this experience together.  We were about to head back to the car, when who should come walking out of the temple but the Packards!  We know them really well b/c Pres. Packard was our home teacher for 13 years when they lived in our ward.  I explained to Sis. Packard how her words had touched me and were part of the reason we were there walking around the temple.  I asked if Autumn could get a picture w/ them and they were kind enough to oblige.  As we parted ways, my eyes began to fill w/ tears and spill over onto my cheeks.  I was so emotional b/c it was just a small & tender mercy from my Heavenly Father to let me know that He is aware of me and that He loves me.  I don’t know how to explain why seeing the Packards meant so much to me, I just know that it did.

P1050236 I regret so much that Autumn has not been sealed to me for eternity.  Because of bad choices I made, she & I are not an eternal family…yet.  But, I don’t stress or worry about it, b/c I know that Heavenly Father will make it all right and will take care of it in His own time.  I know that someday (hopefully sooner than later) He will send a worthy Priesthood holder, who will take us to the temple, into our lives.  In the meantime, Autumn & I are enough and I am honored and blessed beyond belief to be her Mother.

P1050239 She said she wanted me to sit and wait on the steps in the shade.  She took off her Princess shoe, put it on one of the stairs, ran away, and then came back to get it.  She told me that she was pretending to be Cinderella and that she had lost her glass slipper.  Neither of us wanted to leave, but we had to go pick up Mom & Dad at the airport.

P1050243 We got to the airport much faster than I thought, and had about 40 minutes to kill.  We had passed a gas station on the way in so we left the airport and went to there to get a treat.  Autumn got a watermelon slushee and I got a pina colada one.

P1050244 When we first walked into the gas station, there was a limousine sitting outside by a gas pump.  I told myself that if it was still out there when we got out, I would go ask the driver if we could get a picture next to the limo.  Sure enough, it was still there when we came out so we went over and asked.  He said sure, so I had Autumn stand next to it.

P1050245 After we got the picture, he asked if she wanted to get in and get a picture!  I asked him if he was serious, b/c that would be so neat.  He opened the door for us and we climbed in.  Autumn thought she was hot stuff and I have to admit that the inside of the limo was pretty cool.  We especially liked the green sparkly lights on the ceiling.  After the picture we got out and thanked the driver so much.

P1050251 We drove back over to the park & wait and turned on some tunes while we waited for Mom & Dad to call and say they had landed and were outside waiting at the pick up point.  Autumn was dancing around and having a blast b/c I let her come sit in the front passenger seat while we waited.

P1050257 She was so happy to have her Papa & Mimi home safe and sound.  We got home and Mom said they had a present for her.  It was this precious white dress.  Mom said they found it at Costco of all places!  Autumn could not get enough of it and kept spinning around and admiring herself in the mirror.

P1050264 I went and laid down on Mom & Dad’s bed and talked w/ Mom about their trip and how the family in Utah are doing.  I am so glad they got to go, but am also so glad they are back home.  Autumn took my sunglasses and was pretending to be a fashionista.  She just looks like she has bug eyes.  LOL!

P1050268Mom said she forgot that she had some presents for me.  My cute cousin sells Paparazzi jewelry, which is awesome b/c everything is only $5.  Mom saw these 3 rings and thought they were so me.  She’s right, and I love them all.  I think my favorite is the blue one.  We had dinner and I had to run to the church for the Young Women’s broadcast at 7:00.  It was wonderful and I really appreciated the things that were said.  It will be great to read those things in the Ensign in May (or online before then).

I was so spiritually fed and am grateful for the incredible blessings I received today.

1 comment:

LEXIE GUYMON said...

I want to take Andrew there next time we are up there. He has been asking LOTS of questions lately about where we got married!!!