CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Annual Egg Hunt At The Farm

Even though I could have slept in this morning, my body still woke up at 7:30, b/c my body is used to that.  UGH!  Oh, well.  I went downstairs and helped Aunt Sandy make some breakfast.  She had homemade granola w/ yogurt and fresh strawberries and fresh blueberries.  It was like a homemade parfait.  Anytime I eat a parfait, it makes me think of The Donkey on Shrek where he says, “You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, ‘Let's get some parfait,’ they say, ‘…no, I don't like no parfait’? Parfaits are delicious!  Parfait's gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole…planet!” 

Anyways, all the kids & Dads & Papas came back from the farm for breakfast and we had bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, and french toast bake.

We got a report of how things went last night and it sounds like they had a BLAST.  The consensus from the kids is that this will definitely become an annual tradition.  After us Moms left last night, they had s’mores and then Uncle Robert told them creepy campfire stories and Uncle Zack took them on a flashlight walk through the “scary woods.”  They ate it up like candy.

IMG_5537 After breakfast, Aunt Sandy & I went over to the farm to hide all the Easter eggs.  I used to think the people that had to hide the Easter eggs had the yucky job.  I have completely changed my tune, b/c after we were done hiding them we got to just sit and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.  It was AWESOME!  We propped our feet up and just sat and chatted.  We decided that will have to be an annual event for her & I.  Once the kids got there, it was pandemonium and we had to wrangle them up to get our usual group picture.  Hardly anyone is looking at the camera, but that’s typical and that’s us and that’s real and I love it.

IMG_5545 After the kids were done finding all the eggs they could, I had the big kids sit on the bench so we could get a pic of them w/ their Easter loot.  I think we might have to make that a tradition, too, b/c they look so stinkin’ cute.

IMG_5551 Autumn found a caterpillar hanging from a tree and was playing w/ it and letting it climb on her arms and hands.  I don’t think she realized that this chicken kept following her around, b/c it wanted to eat the caterpillar.  Still, it makes for a super cute photo.

IMG_5555 All the big kids sat around the picnic table and went through their eggs to see what they got.  We had put some stickers and money (just loose change Mom had in her purse) in the eggs.  I was sad to find that the chocolate candy had melted.  We figured if we had the egg hunt early in the morning it wouldn’t be hot enough to melt the chocolate, but we were wrong.  I guess next year we’ll have to just keep the chocolate candy for the Mom’s to snack on while filling the eggs.  We kept taking a piece of the chocolate candy from the kids and telling them it was a “Parent Tax.”  LOL!  Luckily the kids were too young to know what that is and didn’t rebel like little Robin Hoods.

IMG_5561 I wanted to go sit in the tent since it was still up, and let Jackson roll around before he had to sit in a car seat for the long drive home.  Lexie & I sat in there and talked for a while and then the guys started taking down the tents.  Jon said that he would only take out a few of the tent rods out, but that it would still stay up in the middle.  It would have, but there was a strong wind and all of a sudden the tent started to attack me.  Lexie & I were laughing so hard.

IMG_5568 This was such a cute moment.  Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert were sitting on the swing w/ the little kids and then I noticed Uncle Robert was giving them a drink of Dr. Pepper.  LOL!  I bet their Mom’s will love that when it’s nap time.  Luckily they were able to run around and play and burn off all that energy.

IMG_5575 Autumn was like the caterpillar magnet of the day and kept finding them all over.  This one was the prettiest of all the ones she found, and reminded me of a Southwest inspired rug w/ the colors and patterns.

IMG_5579 We put it on Jackson’s arm to see if he would try to eat it or freak out or laugh b/c it tickled.  But, he didn’t do anything and didn’t even notice it was on his arm even after he looked right at it.  He’s such a cutie w/ those big huge blue eyes.

P1050386 When Uncle Robert went over to the pond to do some fishing, of course the big kids wanted to go w/ him.  Autumn wasn’t interested in fishing…she was more interested in the worms.  She sat and played w/ them and then Heather talked her into pretending like she was eating them.  Like I’ve said before, she is such a dichotomy b/c she’s a girly girl in her pink skirt and pink shoes and pink shirt, yet she’s also a tomboy and likes to play w/ bugs and doesn’t mind getting dirty.

P1050389 This picture just makes me smile.  Aunt Sandy & Jamie were out on the pond in the kayak and Aunt Sandy called for the dog to swim out to them and she jumped right in the water and swam all the way out to them and then swam to shore next to the kayak!  There are some cows in the background of this picture, and a few minutes later they had also come and stood in the pond.  I guess they were hot and wanted to cool off.

P1050394 No party at the farm is complete w/ out a ride on the tractor.  The kids all wanted Uncle Robert to take them into the “scary forest”.  We could hear them laughing and talking and having a good old time.

b&a I’m glad that Autumn & Brooke are so close in age so they can play together.

P1050405 By 12:30, we were done w/ the fun at the farm and decided we’d better pack up and head back to Aunt Sandy’s house to get our stuff and then hit the road.  Autumn thought it was AWESOME that she got to steer the tractor w/ the kayak on the front of it.  I will have to work w/ her on learning how to steer!

IMG_0160 We stopped to get gas & I had to sneakily take a picture of this guy standing on this flatbed truck filling up his tractor.  Only out in the country.  LOL!

P1050408We stopped at McDonald’s to grab a bite to eat since it was already lunch time, and we just sat and ate it in the car b/c both Autumn & I were looking rough and not smelling the best from being all sweaty and dirty.  We were only on the road for about 10 minutes before Autumn was zonked out.  I took this pic at a stop light and it made me laugh b/c she’s got her legs crossed, arms folded, and mouth wide open.

IMG_0162 I was SOOOOOOO tempted to stop about 20 minutes into our ride home to get pictures of the bluebonnets on the hillsides.  There was one in particular that was COVERED and was breathtaking.  But, I decided to be a good Mom and sacrifice my picture taking for Autumn’s much needed sleep.  I had this pretty wisteria waiting at home for me to take a picture of it instead.  I like how you can see that part of it is blooming and part of it is about to.  You can also see the garden in the background is starting to grow.  Yay for fresh veggies from the garden this summer!

P1050411The rest of the afternoon/evening was pretty low key.  Mom & Dad took naps b/c they were tired from getting up so early to go do a temple session.  We missed having them there for the Easter egg hunt, but were thrilled they went to the temple together.  Autumn & I went on a walk around the neighborhood, and then I edited pictures while she played w/ Legos in the back room.  She came out and announced that this was her Lego interpretation of Papa’s Corvette.  She cracks me up. 

We left Mom & Dad’s to run by WalMart and get a few groceries and Easter treats.  I’m excited to go to Church tomorrow to celebrate Easter.  I also get to teach a lesson in Young Women’s.  It was a great Saturday.

No comments: