CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday At The Farm

IMG_5498 I was bummed that I had to work today since it was Good Friday, and Autumn didn’t have daycare today.  Luckily, Mom & Dad were able to watch her for me.  I thought I might get to leave early but no such luck there.  As soon as I got done w/ work at 5:00, I hit the road and headed out to Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy’s house.  Mom & Dad came later & brought Autumn w/ them.  The kids were SO EXCITED when Dad got their Ford F150 out of the back of his Ford truck.  They drove it around, but since all 4 of them were in it at once, the battery couldn’t handle all that weight and it stopped working!  We had to tell them only 2 at a time, and it started working again.  LOL!

IMG_5506 The plan was that the Dads & Papas would have a camp over at the farm.  Dad was showing Andrew how to pound a stake into the ground to hold down the tent.  Poor Andrew hit his thumb the first time, but learned from it and didn’t hit his finger again and did really good.

IMG_5514 It was such a perfect evening weather wise.  I don’t know what it was about this moment, but it just seemed perfect.  Everyone was happy, everyone was having fun, and everything just seemed right in our little world.  The kids were playing together and creating memories, adults were sharing stories, tents were being set up, everything was green, the lighting was perfect, etc.  My heart just felt completely at peace and content.  That moment epitomized the title of my blog…happiness is never stopping to think if you are.

IMG_5515 I was famished b/c I hadn’t eaten anything since lunch, so I figured Autumn must be hungry, too.  I put a hot dog on a stick for her and told her to hold it over the fire to cook it.  That only lasted for about 20 seconds and then she started fussing b/c she said the stick was too heavy and it was too hard to hold it over the fire.  Oh, brother!  Sometimes she can be such a diva and other times she can be such a tomboy.

IMG_5518 This is where Papa & Autumn set up camp for the night.  They were letting Andrew & Jon use the tent since Dad had to get up super early in the morning so he & Mom could go to the temple together.

IMG_5522 We had to get a picture of everyone together.  What a good looking group!

IMG_5524It was starting to get dark, so us ladies took off to have our own party.  We went back to the house and had strawberry & candied nut salad & Cajun sausage & shrimp.  Then when we were all stuffed, we cleared the table and busted out all the Easter eggs & Easter candy so we could fill the eggs for the hunt tomorrow.  Once we were done w/ that, we were trying to decide if we wanted to watch a movie or just use our “no kids” time to sleep.  We ended up staying up until 11:30 just talking and laughing.  I adore these incredible women & am so glad we’re not just family…we truly love each other and are friends, too.  I was so excited to have 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!