CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday 2012

IMG_5597 This morning we got up and I watched my 30 minutes of Joel Osteen and then we did some dishes and watched The Sound Of Music b/c it was on TV.  I don’t think Autumn’s ever seen it before, and it’s such a classic.  Then we got ready for church and had to get some quick pictures before leaving.

IMG_5600 Mom got her this pretty pink sparkly dress at the kid’s consignment store for less that $10!  Gotta love that.  I did her hair fancy and put a pretty flower to match her dress.

IMG_5608 I bought myself a new Easter dress at Ross a few months ago.  I love the pretty blue color, and it’s flattering, too.

Jelly Bean Prayer EGG_edited-1 We were right on time getting to Church, and our usual spot was taken so we sat towards the back.  I’m glad we did, b/c Liz & Liberty & Liz’s Mom walked in and were able to sit by us.  I guess Liz’s Mom came to visit for a few weeks and she had gotten in late last night so they came to our 1:00 pm sacrament meeting instead of their 9:00 am meeting.  That was a fun & unexpected surprise to get to sit w/ them.  The talks were great, but my favorite part was the ward choir’s singing.  My lesson in Young Women’s went OK, but I feel like I’ve lost my teaching mo-jo.  I used to be a really great teacher and now I feel like I just talk and ramble on.  Anyways, at the end of the lesson I gave them all a big egg filled w/ gourmet jelly beans and this little poem from HERE to go with them.

IMG_5609 After church, we went right over to Mom & Dad’s house for dinner.  We had spiral cut ham w/ funeral potatoes.  For dessert, Mom had gotten us each our own little carton of Blue Bell ice cream.  Dad got Moo-llennium, Nick got mint choc chip, I got cookie dough, & Autumn got strawberry (b/c she doesn’t care what flavor it is as long as it’s pink).

P1050413After I did up the dishes, we all sat and relaxed for a while and then I had to leave and go to the Single Adult fireside that our stake was in charge of.  On my drive over to the church, this is how the sky looked.  I thought it was beautiful & so fitting for today & was a little Easter present from Heavenly Father.  The fireside was great and I stayed to help serve the refreshments and clean up.  It was 9:20 by the time I got back to Mom & Dad’s.  They said Autumn had been asleep almost the whole time I was gone.  We came home and I let her stay up for a little bit b/c I knew she wouldn’t go to sleep right away after such a long nap.

The Church put together some great videos of the Savior’s life that you can watch HERE.  It was such a wonderful Easter and I’m so thankful that I got to celebrate it by being with family, going to church, feeling the Holy Ghost, and strengthening my testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I know that He suffered what He did in the Garden of Gethsemane so that He knows how to perfectly succor me in my own personal Gethsemanes.  Thanks to Him & a loving Heavenly Father, I can live again as part of an eternal family.

1 comment:

kcwatson said...

I really love your blue shoes...so pretty! I WISH I kept up my blogging like you do...It has been so hard lately for me! Where do you publish your blog again?..I know you have posted that somewhere. I want to at least publish various posts since I don't scrapbook anymore.