CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday The 13th

IMG_0168 Today at work it was so slow & quiet.  Most of the guys were gone to work on our new showroom in another city.  So the accountant lady, that comes in twice a week, and I decided to run & grab lunch.  We were going to go to Subway, but the place was packed so we went to Tin Star instead.  I’ve never eaten there before, but will definitely be going back.  Their Number 9 chicken taco (roasted garlic, red onion jalapeno blend, sweet potato straws w/ jack cheese) was out of this world good.  Their queso was pretty incredible, too.

P1050438 I left work at 4:30 b/c I had gotten all my work done and the phones hadn’t been ringing for the past 2 hours.  I got Autumn & we went over to Mom & Dad’s house.  Mom had gone to lunch w/ Maggie and she was still at the house.  It was so good to see her again, b/c I haven’t seen her in months.  She & Mom had gone to this store called Nothing Bundt Cakes.  These are little “bundtinis” and there was chocolate, red velvet, lemon & white chocolate raspberry.  The last one was my favorite.

P1050444 We were sitting and talking when we heard a quack!?!?  We looked outside to see 2 ducks, one in the pool and one on the side.  They had pooped all over around the pool and in the pool, little stinkers!  We ran them off and hope they don’t come back.

onion bloom When we were saying goodbye to Maggie, I couldn’t help but notice that the onions out in the garden had gone to seed.  We can’t eat them once they go to seed, b/c they were so pretty.  I loved that they were in all different stages of blossoming.

P1050446 Nature never ceases to amaze me.

P1050458 The garden is already looking growing & looking great.  You can see in the bottom left hand corner where Dad already cute some beet greens.  We had those for dinner, and they were so good.  Doesn’t get any fresher than straight out of the garden.

P1050460 After dinner, we did up the dishes and were sitting around talking when Curt came over.  He had some guys working at the house today working on replacing the wood trim that was going bad, and he came to inspect their work.  It’s funny b/c we had just been talking at dinner about how we hadn’t seen Curt in months and months.  Autumn was happy to see him and was showing him her favorite new book on the iPad about a chili pepper.

P1050462Mary called to see where he was and when he said he was at our house, she & Jessie came over to say hi, too.  We were trying to decide if Jessie or Autumn’s hair was longer.  LOL!  It was good to sit and visit w/ them.  They are such great people! 

thm After they left, we wanted to watch a movie.  The other day I saw that “The Three Lives of Thomasina” was on TV and I recorded it.  So, we watched that.  I remember watching that movie as a kid, and can still sing parts of the song!  It’s an odd movie and was really slow moving, but it had a lot of nostalgia from my childhood attached to it.  After that, Autumn & I came home and I got her to bed and worked on my blog and talked to a friend.  It was a really good Friday the 13th.

No comments: