CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Class of 2025 Graduate

Poor Autumn woke up and started coughing like crazy.  So, I called my boss and told him I would be in late.  Mom & Dad & Nick went to the temple this morning (just like they do every Thursday morning) so I stayed home w/ Autumn and gave her breathing treatments.  I even fell back to sleep for a little while Autumn sat and played w/ her dolls and got to watch the shows we used to watch together all the time like Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, & Jake and the Never Land Pirates.

I thought I had way more time than I did, so I had to rush and shower and get ready before Mom & Dad came and got Autumn at 10:30.  I ran to Half Priced Books since it is on the way to work to see if they had “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss.  But, they didn’t have it.  Since I was by Taco Cabana, I got a cabana bowl to eat later for lunch and then ran into Barnes & Noble to get the book.

mkmn I was thrilled to see they had “Oh, The Places You’ll Go.”  They also had “Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now.”  That was one of my favorite books as a kid.  I broke down and bought that book too, so I can practice reading with Autumn.  It’s a book from my childhood that I’m excited to share w/ her.

Last month I had read on this blog about how she had each of her child’s teachers write a note in the book and when her child graduated from high school, she gave the book to him as a gift.  I loved that idea and decided to do the same for Autumn.  She even wrote up this cute poem below to put in the front of the book.  I added the parts in italics to the poem I put in Autumn’s book.

P1060643 Dear Teacher, very grateful to you I would be,
if you would please, please do this favor for me.

I started this gift when Autumn was small,
and plan to complete it by the time she is tall.

Each teacher who helps her along the way,
I hope will autograph –that is to say-

Please add a note, a story or song,
A special memory can never be wrong.

Please feel free to write anywhere you wish,
Even on a page that has some big purple fish.

After you write in the book, hang onto it and keep it,
I’ll pick it up later, to make sure this all stays a secret.


You have helped make her the person she is
and you can take credit when they call her a whiz!

I will present it to her on commencement day
in honor of you who are so special today.

I don’t know which direction she’ll take – North, South, East or West,
but I do know she thinks her teachers are the best!

IMG_6035 Mom & Dad met me at the school and I changed Autumn into a nice dress b/c I today it was “Dress like a king or queen day” and I thought they were supposed to look nice for graduation.  I went in the gym to save us seats, and was surprised when I saw all the kids gathered in the classroom and they were putting on caps and gowns!  I liked how I could see the graduation sign they had drawn on the door yesterday.

IMG_6046 I have to admit that I started getting teary-eyed when I saw my little Autumn girl wearing her cap and gown.  She’s growing up so fast and before I know it, she’ll be graduating from high school.  I wiped my eyes and put on a big smile for my big girl.

IMG_6048 She looked so cute filing into the gym.  I love that genuine smile on her face.  They did a little program where they sang a graduation song, “Star Spangled Banner”, “We Are The Dinosaurs,” and then the teachers called each kid up and gave them their diploma.  After that they sang “God Bless America.”

IMG_6056 Here’s my little graduate w/ her diploma.  I feel bad that she wasn’t feeling 100%, but she still looked adorable.

IMG_6053 The little graduate w/ Papa & Mimi

IMG_6055 My Class of 2025 Graduate!!!

IMG_6061 Ms. Amanda

IMG_6064 Mr. Michael

IMG_6066Ms. Traci

IMG_6059

IMG_6063Autumn wanted to get a picture w/ a few of her classmates.  I couldn’t help but notice and then laugh at how much taller she is than her friends.  Like I say all the time, she’s going to be an Amazon woman like me.  I’m so glad that Autumn has made such close friends at college.

We left and went to Papa & Mimi’s for dinner.  Mom made stuffed bell peppers w/ bell peppers from the garden.  Then we watched a little TV and came home.  I had such a sweet moment tonight when I tucked Autumn into bed.  I told her how proud I was of her and that she’s growing up into such a nice young lady.  Today was a great day.

No comments: