CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Vespa Ventures

P1060631 Tonight we were eating dinner when we heard a, “beep beep” outside.  It was Britt and he had come over to show us the new candy apple red Vespa that he had gotten for his daughter.  She is getting home from an 18 month mission in Brazil at the end of June.

P1060632 Dad decided to take it for a spin.  Autumn did NOT want to get on the back of it when she heard him start it up b/c it scared her.  But, we finally coaxed her into getting on.  When they got back, Autumn said, “Mom, that was so awesome and fun.”

P1060641 When they got back, I decided to take it for a test drive.  I am such a woos and didn’t get it above 2 mph even though it can go 65 mph!  I was worried it was going to take off out from under me.  When I got to the end of the driveway, I had to put my feet down and walk it up the incline b/c I didn’t give it enough gas.  I was so worried about tipping over when I took a turn, or that my skirt would get caught in the tires.  I was laughing so hard the whole time.  I’m such a goober.

P1060648 Dad got called into the clinic, so Mom & Autumn & I had a girl’s night in.  Last week Mom bought a thing called, “100 Greatest Family Classics.”  So, we busted it out and decided to watch one that seemed pretty normal to watch.  It was called “Royal Wedding” w/ Fred Astaire & Jane Powell.  The movie was so old and grainy that it looked like an oil painting at times.  But, it was pretty good and my favorite parts were when Fred Astaire danced w/ the coat hanger in the gym and then when he danced on the walls and ceiling.  I was pretty impressed w/ that b/c it looked really seamless and that was amazing visual effects for back in 1951.

P1060650 Mom got some little pints of Blue Bell ice cream at Albertson’s for just 88 cents!  This is a new one and it was SO GOOD!  It might just be my new favorite.  The ice cream is yellow like the outside of the carton and the chunks for sugar cookie dough are bright dots.  It reminds me of the yummy Lofthouse cookies at WalMart.

P1060651After Royal Wedding, there was another movie on that same disc so we watched it.  It was the “Pied Piper of Hamelin” w/ Van Johnson and it was…um….well…interesting.  It is not one that I care to ever watch again.  By this time it was already 10:00 and Autumn wanted to spend the night, so we went and slept in the back room.

No comments: