CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Shopping & Swimming Saturday

P1060392 This morning Autumn & I got up and got dressed so we could start our day.  I was moving Nick’s car out of the garage, and was so worried about the driver’s side of the car so I didn’t hit the house.  I didn’t notice that the passenger side was too close to the garage door and ended up breaking off part of the plastic around his mirror.  I felt SO BAD, but I’m glad it didn’t break the mirror off completely.

P1060393 Autumn & I went to get the oil changed in the car and to have the state inspection done.  We even saw Bro. Mannewitz there and said hi for a minute.  We hadn’t had breakfast yet and wanted to kill some time, so we walked down to Sonic and got some food.  It was already hot and humid even that early in the morning, so I’m glad we were in the shade and that there was a light breeze.

P1060402 After that, we went and got the car cleaned.  We vacuumed the inside while jamming to some music, and then used our coupon for a free car wash.  Autumn’s not a huge fan of car washes b/c she thinks they’re too loud.  I gave her $1 so she could give it to the guy that dries off the car after we come out of the car wash.  I LOVE it when the inside of my car is clean.

P1060405 After that, we went over to Mom & Dad’s house.  Mom said she had a Kohl’s coupon that she needed to use, so we went shopping and Dad watched Autumn for us.  I made Mom try on these Vera Wang shoes that were electric blue and fluorescent yellow.  We were both surprised to see that these shoes and some others we saw have jewels on the bottom side of the shoe.  Has that been happening for a long time and we’re just out of the fashion loop?

P1060407 After that, we went to Cato’s and hit the jackpot.  We both got a pair of these gorgeous read shoes.  Mom tried on this dress and said it’s her “goal dress” to fit into.  She looked amazing in it, but didn’t buy  it so we had to get a pic of it.  I’m so proud of her.  I loved getting to spend some Mother/Daughter time w/ Mom.

P1060409 We hurried home b/c we had been gone for quite a while.  We had fried zucchini from the garden for lunch along w/ some tuna fish sandwiches.  We ate out on the patio and then had our first swim of the year.  I didn’t get any pictures of it (shocking, I know) but I wanted to enjoy it and be present in the moment and not worrying about getting a pic.  After we swam for a few hours, Dad & Autumn mowed the lawn.

P1060414 That didn’t last for long b/c it was so windy and Autumn didn’t like getting dust and grass in her face.  Papa asked her if she’d rather ride the lawn mower or the Corvette.  She’s no dummy and picked the Corvette.  So, Dad said he would take her on a date to get some ice cream.  While Dad was changing, Curt called and said to come over and see the baby geese, ducks, and chickens.  They were so sweet and soft and cute!

P1060423 While Autumn was waiting for her “date” to come pick her up, she wanted to ride Curt’s horse tire swing.  When Dad came over and got here, we were laughing about the poor guys that try to date Autumn when she’s 16.  They’ll come to pick her up in a little junker car and she’ll be thinking, “I used to get picked up in a Corvette at the age of 5.”  LOL!  I tell her all the time that she is so blessed and spoiled rotten, and I hope she realizes it and appreciates how lucky she is.

P1060426After they left, I decided to mow the front and back yard for Mom & Dad b/c they do so much for Autumn & I.  It doesn’t even scratch the surface of doing anything to repay all of the kindnesses, but it was a small gesture.  I actually enjoyed it, after the 15 minutes it took me to figure out how to make it work.

P1060451 After I got done, Mom & I watched some recorded episodes of Survivor.  Autumn & Dad got back from their ice cream date to Chick Fil A and we had steak and Mediterranean salad for dinner.  The steaks were the best we’ve ever had, b/c they were so tender and melted in our mouths.  We had some left over, so we called Curt & Mary and told them to come have some.  They did and ended up taking Autumn to WalMart w/ them b/c she wanted a ride in Mary’s convertible.  They came back about an hour later and she had her very own little bag of Skittles and some flowers for Mimi!  Again, spoiled rotten.

By this time, it was already 9:00 at night, so I packed up all our stuff so we could head home.  Tonight was a Super moon and this was the best picture I could get of it.  It’s not very good b/c it looks like the sun, but in real life the rings around it were incredible.  It was a good day and I’m excited for lots of more pool parties this summer.

No comments: