CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Eating Lunch W/ My Autumn & GIRL’S WEEKEND!!!

P1080021 Last night when I got back from Young Women’s, Autumn was fast asleep.  So, we just stayed at Mom & Dad’s and slept there.  This morning we got up, rushed home, I gave her a quick shower, and then I dropped her off at school.  It was weird to go home instead of going to work.  I did some loads of laundry, packed my suitcase and bags, watched The Rachel Ray show, & Dr. Phil.  Then I got cleaned up and went over to Autumn’s school.  The Kindergartners eat lunch so early (10:45 am), and it was so good for my heart to see Autumn’s face light up when she saw me.  It was so fun to surprise her!  I walked through the line w/ her to see how she does it every day.

P1080022 Here she is punching in her lunch code.

P1080023 Kids that have guests visiting and eating lunch w/ them get to sit up on the stage.  Autumn was so excited she could barely stand it.

P1080024 A family that used to be in our ward also were eating up on the stage, so they came and sat w/ us.  It was fun to talk to them.  I had the Mom take a picture of my Autumn girl & I.  I didn’t notice that bunch of cords hanging right above my head until I went to edit this picture.  It’s funny b/c it looks like I have a big black bow or a big black spider in my hair.

P1080025 I had to get one last picture of my sweet Autumn girl walking back to class.  I am so glad that I got to spend her lunch time w/ her.  I’m not going to be able to do that very often (if ever), so it was that much more special to me.  I am so glad that she got to feel important today and that I was able to do that w/ such a simple thing as showing up for her lunchtime.

P1080026 I didn’t eat anything at school w/ her, b/c as soon as I left her school I went to Cheddars to meet Mom & Nick & Aunt Jeri for lunch.  Aunt Jeri had never been to Cheddars before, so we had to let her try it to see how good it is.

P1080027 Nick always pulls the craziest faces and makes creepy eyes in his pictures.  It was great to sit and talk to them and feel fancy going to lunch on a work day.  After we ate, Nick & I went back home and flipped back and forth between Judge Mathis & Ugly Betty.  We were laughing so hard at Judge Mathis and the things he was saying.

IMG_6817 Our plan of our girl’s weekend (which has been months in the works) was that we would leave at 2:00 b/c everyone would be done working by 1:00.  We didn’t get on the road until 4:00.  But, once we were on the road it was great fun.  I somehow ended up driving and we stopped at Buc-ees Gas Station 1/2 way through the trip to get something to eat.  It was a huge convenience store & I got a really yummy chicken fajita taco.

IMG_6825 We got back on the road and Mary had to Skype for a class she’s taking.  We had to be quiet so her class couldn’t hear us.  Christine was talking on the phone to a friend and said really loudly, “We’re waxing everyone” meaning that we are going to wax our faces.  We all busted up laughing.  Anyways, we finally got to our rented beach house at 9:00.  We unloaded all of our stuff out of the Suburban, and the back of it was FULL.  Here is just part of the counter of yummy snacks and goodies we are going to be munching on all weekend.

IMG_6821 We went to WalMart to get a few things we hadn’t brought like milk, eggs, etc.  Why is it so much more fun to go shopping in a different town?  We finally got back from our excursion, put away all the food, and then got ready for bed.

IMG_6824There are 3 queen size beds, and we were all testing out which bed was the most comfortable.  We started watching Season 2 of Downton Abbey but everyone was so tired and fell asleep about 20 minutes into the show.  We finally called it a night at 12:30 am and climbed into bed.  We were talking and laughing so hard until 1:00.  This is going to be the best Girl’s Weekend ever!!!

No comments: