CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Fun, Friendships Forged & Fabulous Facials

IMG_6890I didn’t realize how close to the beach we were, b/c it was so dark when we got in last night.  It was great to wake up this morning and get to see this gorgeous view right off our balcony.

IMG_6830 I helped Mary make sausage gravy & biscuits for breakfast.  I had to get a picture of the table b/c it’s covered w/ laptops and cell phones.

IMG_6834 After breakfast we sat and talked and planned out our day.  Then we got dressed and headed down to the beach to swim and work on our tans.

IMG_6835 It was sunny when we got to the beach, but then this storm started rolling in.  It was far enough out that we didn’t worry about it and still wanted to get in.

IMG_6883I told the ladies we had to get a Baywatch Beach Babes picture of them running towards the water.
 P1080032Since that storm was coming it, the air got incredibly humid and all of the lenses on my 2 cameras fogged up really bad.  But I kind of like the old fashioned grainy feel of this picture.  I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go out in the water, b/c I hate not being able to see what’s in the water.  Plus, I hate it when I step on slimy seaweed.  Mary assured me that there was no slimy stuff on the bottom and that it was just sand.  We floated on boggie boards and tried to float w/ the waves but it didn’t work b/c the waves weren’t big enough.  We stayed out there for a long time just floating, jumping waves, and talking.

IMG_6866 We finally decided to come back in out of the water when the sun came out so we could lay out and work on our tans a little bit.  Here are the lovely ladies.

IMG_6869-001 There were some ladies just down the beach from us that were also on a Girl’s Weekend and they came over and took this picture for us.  We might have to print this off and frame it.  I love this picture of us.

IMG_6887

IMG_6889Once the sun came out, it got really hot so we didn’t stay at the beach long.  Plus, it was lunch time and we were getting hungry.  The beach house we’re renting has a little outside shower where we washed the sand off our feet.  We had fun w/ it as you can tell.

IMG_6892 I love this picture of our towels laid out on the balcony to dry w/ the palm tree.  We all showered and had some yummy “party grill” meat & cheese sandwiches w/ tomato basil soup.  Karri also made some hot spinach & artichoke dip w/ baguette bread.

P1080036 After lunch we played a card game called hand & foot.  We used 7 decks of cards!  It was funny how many there were when we mixed them all together in the middle of the table.  It was a lot of fun once I got the hang of it.

P1080033 After cards, we wanted to get up and move around.  So, we had a dance party.  Mary & Melanie have got some major moves.  We hooked up the Kinect and put on Just Dance 3.  We worked up quite a sweat and had a blast.  I might have to get that for Autumn for Christmas b/c she would LOVE it and it would be a fun way for me to get some exercise.

IMG_6893 After that we all went downstairs to grill pergorgi meat for dinner on the grill.  It’s a charcoal grill and we didn’t want to leave it unattended, so we all went down so we could sit and talk while we waited.  Mary & Christine both brought their knitting down to work on while we waited.

IMG_6894 Christine was such a good grill master.  The meat & sticky rice were incredibly good.  After we ate, we sat around the table and talked and talked and talked.  We had a very special and sacred bonding discussion around the dining room table.  Tears were shed, bonds were strengthened, and we grew even closer together.  These friendships are forever.

P1080045 After such a deep discussion, we needed something to lighten the mood so we busted out the beauty products to have a spa night.  Melanie is an esthetician and she had some awesome beauty products.  We did waxing (except for me b/c my face was too sunburned) & facials.

P1080047 We also did face masks after the facials and Christine was a complete angel and gave us all pedicures after we soaked our feet.

P1080039Christine brought all of her fingernail polish, and she had a ton of options to choose from.  When I saw that we had all the colors of the rainbow, I decided I would paint each nail a different color.

IMG_6895 While we were doing pedicures, we watched more of Season 2 of Downton Abbey.  I had no idea it was so late, but it was already 1:00 am when we finally called it a night and went to bed.  I am so thankful to be friends w/ these incredible ladies.

No comments: