CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy 27th Birthday, Nick!

This morning Autumn & I got up and got dressed and went over to Mom & Dad’s.  I left to go get my nails done at 9:00 b/c they were super grown out.  I was talking to Binh, the Vietnamese guy that does my nails, and realized that I have been going there for 4 years.  That’s a long time!  Anyways, after I got my nails done I went next door to the kid’s consignment store to see if I could find a Halloween costume for Autumn.  I found one, and some adorable outfits w/ a shirt and shorts for just $3.50 for both pieces together.  LOVE IT!  I found a cute Halloween outfit for Autumn, but don’t want to spoil the surprise so I won’t post pictures until Halloween.

After that I went to 2 different $1 Stores to get some balloons for Nick’s birthday today and also to see if they had a helmet for part of Andrew’s Halloween costume.  I just LOVE the $1 Store b/c they always have what I need (and more).  I found some great things for my Young Women’s lesson tomorrow as well.

P1070889 I finally got back to Mom & Dad’s house and Autumn was so excited about the new clothes and especially the Halloween costume.  Dad got home from doing a 6 mile bike ride.  He got matching shirts for both he & Autumn b/c the name of the bike ride was “Autumn In Bohnam.”  That’s the P-E-R-F-E-C-T shirt, b/c it sounds like “Autumn Bottom” which is what we call Autumn all the time.  That was cute of Dad to think of.

P1070893 Mom & I spent most of the early afternoon making Nick’s special birthday meal.  He had requested Shoyu chicken.  We also made egg rolls and sweet & sour sauce.  It’s so much work, but was so incredibly tasty.

P1070891 I’m so glad that Nick’s my brother and that we get to live together.  He is so good about helping around the house, taking care of the yard, watching Autumn when I need him too (even if it’s begrudgingly sometimes), and we have fun staying up late watching shows together and sharing a Totino’s pizza (even though his pizza cutting skills leave something to be desired).  I love him so much and am so glad he’s part of our family and that we got to celebrate him today.

Nick wanted to go see the new Bourne movie, so he & Mom had rented the first one from Red Box so he could have an idea of what it’s about.  We watched that and then he & Mom went to see the movie at the theater.  Dad stayed home so he could sleep b/c he was tired from the race.  I came up w/ a game to keep Autumn entertained where I laid down on the couch and she covered me up so just my nose was sticking out.  I said in order to save me from the imaginary wicked queen she had to do different things.  One of them was go get her Strawberry Shortcake figurine from the back room before the count of 8.  Then I had her put Lego pieces on my eyes.  Then I told her I had to have a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup in each hand before the count of 6.  She was taking it so seriously and Aunt Jeri & I were cracking up.  It was a fun game b/c I got to lay on the couch w/ my eyes closed and yet keep Autumn entertained at the same time.  I’ll have to play that game w/ her again.  LOL!

P1070894When Nick & Mom got home we watched football and then I figured out how to display what was on my laptop screen up on the big TV.  Aunt Jeri & Nick hadn’t seen the new episode of Downton Abbey, so we watched that.  Technology is amazing!  We finally called it a night b/c I needed to get Autumn home and to bed.  I made 2 batches of Steve’s chocolate chip cookies and baked one of the batches and put the other one in the fridge for tomorrow.  I didn’t get to bed until late b/c I was baking cookies.  I hope Autumn will sleep in tomorrow b/c I have had 2 late nights in a row and would love some extra sleep.

No comments: