CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Memories That Will Last

P1070903 Today was really emotional for me, and I’ll explain why later in the post.  When Autumn & I got up this morning I had her help me write a thank you note to the Deacons (12-13 year old boys) in our congregation.  We wanted to thank them for being so reverent while they were passing the sacrament a few weeks ago.  I quietly observed them and was impressed w/ how they talked to each other and interacted.  I have such a tender place in my heart for these boys, b/c I used to teach them in Primary 2 years ago.  It’s great to see how much they’ve grown and matured and become great young men.  It will be neat to watch them continue to progress and go on missions in 6 short years.

P1070905 Our usual before-church-picture.

P1070906 We’ve gotta do a silly face one, too!

P1070909 In Primary today, Autumn got to give the scripture which was D&C 42:29 ~ “If thou lovest me thou shalt serve me and keep all my commandments.”  I went up and whispered in her ear what to say.  She did a great job.  I taught in Young Women’s today and the lesson was “Caring For Our Physical Bodies.” The lesson went well and at the end of it I gave the girls a handout w/ these cute cellophane treat bags I found at the $1 Store.  Inside was an eye mask to represent getting enough rest, some cute emery boards & a comb to represent grooming, and I threw in some mint life savers just for a treat.  I shared the following quotes w/ the girls, and they are 2 that I really like:

You do not HAVE a soul.
You ARE a soul.
You HAVE a body.
~C.S. Lewis

Beauty Tips
~ Written by Sam Levenson & quoted often by Audrey Hepburn

For attractive lips, speak works of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed;
Never throw out anybody.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands.  One for helping yourself; the other for helping others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.

It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows,
and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows.

P1070910 Thanks to Project Life, I’m much more aware of the little everyday things that make up our lives.  So, I wanted to capture something that Autumn & I do every Sunday.  Right before we walk out the door on the way to church I pop a bag of kettle corn popcorn.  We snack on it on the way to church.  Then, after church is over it’s a nice treat to tide us over until we get home and can get dinner ready.

P1070912 Aunt Jeri wore this spiffy new dress to church today w/ her new shoes, and she looks so fancy & stylish!  I just had to get a picture of her looking so lovely.

P1070916 We had to get a picture of the 4 ladies all dressed up in our nice church clothes.  I’m so lucky to have such wonderful women in my life.

P1070917 After dinner we watched football and then when Dad got called into work we watched the new 2nd episode of Downton Abbey.  I figured out how to plug my laptop into the TV screen so we could watch it on the big screen instead of trying to all huddle around my little laptop.  I LOVE Downton Abbey!!!

P1070919 When Papa got home, he did his usual trick of teasing Autumn that he had a treat for me, but not one for her.  She started chasing him around the living room to try and get it from him.

P1070922It ended in this laughing heap on the couch.  I ADORE this candid shot I got b/c of the expression of love and joy and laughter and silliness on their faces.  We all know how this story ends…Autumn got her own Reese’s cup after she gave Papa a kiss on the cheek and a hug around the neck.

P1070923 I spent most of the evening typing up these old journals of Rufio’s.  They are from 1945 and 1946!  Talk about an incredible treasure!

P1070925 I love her penmanship.  She didn’t write every single day, but what she did write is so neat to have.  This is from the day she & Grandpa Jay got married!  I am so thankful that I come from a long line of documenters (if that’s not a real word, it is now) who know how to “cultivate a good life and record it.”  I have a close and special bond w/ Rufio.  I feel so much closer to her after typing up her journals from when she & Grandpa Jay were dating, engaged, and married.  It reminds me to keep on taking pictures, blogging, doing Project Life, etc.

We finally left and came home so I could get Autumn to bed so she won’t be a grouchy girl and can have a good start to a new school week.  I was really emotional at church today b/c the Spirit was so strong and I was on the verge of tears several times.  Then, I was emotional from reading Rufio’s journals.  Once I got Autumn to bed, I was just editing pictures and blogging and something very special happened out of no where.

2000 T20 I know this might sound strange, but I need to document it for my own record.  I started thinking of Tara, my best friend.  The anniversary of her death is in 3 days and she has been on my mind a lot lately.  Tears just started streaming down my face and I felt her near me on the couch.  I don’t want to go into too much detail, b/c it was such a special and sacred experience.  But, the basics are that I felt her presence near, and so I reached out my hand and placed it on the empty seat next to me on the couch.  I felt her put her hand on top of mine and just hold my hand.  I sobbed uncontrollably for a long time b/c I miss her so much and had such peace & comfort feeling her near.  I love and miss her so much.

No comments: