CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 21, 2012

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other…

P1080282 Autumn came in and woke me up this morning so I could get her some breakfast.  We came home and got ready for church.  Since my hair was straightened for the Halloween party last night, I decided to not wash it today and just wear it straight.  We had to get our “before church” picture.  I told Autumn to make a kissy face (which is why I am), but she smiled instead.  At least we both look fabulous, daaahhhhhling!

P1080286 Autumn always likes to do a silly faced picture, too.  Church was good and I taught in Young Women’s today.  The lesson was on drug abuse and it went better than I thought.  For the treat, I brought some Pringles and gave the girls a handout that says, “Once you pop, you can’t stop” along with this quote:

“We are free to take drugs or not.  But once we choose to use a habit-forming drug, we are bound to the consequences of that choice.  Addiction surrenders later freedom to choose.  Through chemical means, one can literally become disconnected from his or her own will.”  ~Elder Russell M. Nelson

P1080287 After church we went over to Mom & Dad’s and had left over chili & cornbread from last night for lunch.  Poor Autumn got attacked by a mosquito last night and had 3 red swollen spots on her face (her hand is covering one of the) and a 4th on her earlobe.  This isn’t a very good picture, but her earlobe is so red and hot and swollen.  Poor little bug!

P1080288Autumn went w/ me to go visiting teaching.  We were a little early, so we walked over to a neighbor’s house b/c Autumn wanted to see this graveyard they had set up in their yard.  This picture makes me laugh b/c here are these creepy skeletons and headstones in complete contrast to my sweet Autumn in her cute pink church outfit.  One of these things is not like the other…

Visiting teaching went great and then we had to rush home so our home teachers could come at 7:00.  After they left, I gave Autumn a shower and then let her play for a little while before bedtime.  This was such a great weekend, and my birthday’s coming up this week so I have a lot to look forward to.  YAY!

No comments: