CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2012

Color Week ~ Green Day

IMG_6996 Autumn’s class is doing “Color Week” where the kids will focus on a different color each day.  Her teacher sent home a note saying the kids could dress in that color if they wanted for fun.  Today the color was green and so she wore this lime green shirt (although it looks yellow b/c of the flash).  We even coordinated w/ some hot green & hot pink socks and hair bow.

P1080069I want to start taking more pictures of everyday things that I can include in my Project Life album.  So, today I took a picture of these things in the bathroom in the warehouse at work.  There’s a lot of things going on in this picture that I want to remember.  First is the bathroom itself.  We have a bathroom inside the main part of the office, but you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on in that bathroom.  So, if you have to go #2, you go in the bathroom out in the warehouse.  LOL!

That’s why we have this hardcore “professional strength” air freshener in there.  I had to get a pic of it b/c I used to hate how it smelled and now I love it.  Smells are such a strong reminder of things for me, so I wanted a pic of this.  I also love the smell of this soap we use in the bathroom.  I like how I was able to capture the metal/industrial looking walls.  I have always wondered if I brought magnets and put them on the walls if they would stick?  The final thing that this picture shows is a small dead cricket in the grout line in front of the soap.  It’s so gross but it’s a part of real life at work for a few weeks.  We get invaded by crickets and they are everywhere in the office.  I hate it, but what can ya do?  We spray for them and that doesn’t work, so we just have to wait until they go away.  I have so much more appreciation of how awful the plagues on the Egyptians must have been during Moses’ time.

Who knew that one simple looking picture could embody so many details and memories?  Anyways, after work/school Autumn & I went to Mom & Dad’s and had dinner and then hurried and watched the most recent episode of Downton Abbey.  I was SHOCKED at what happened to Edith during the…  I can’t say during what b/c I don’t want to spoil it for anyone.  But if you saw the episode, you know what I’m talking about.  I LOVE that show!

No comments: