CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Color Week ~ Orange Day

IMG_7006 Today it was orange day at school, and since it’s already October (which by the way…how on Earth is it already October???) we figured Autumn could get away w/ wearing her pumpkin shirt.  Plus, it’s the only really orange shirt she has.  She had to make sure that her wavy hair (from her braid on Sunday) was in front.

P1080073 It feels like fall has officially started b/c the weather has turned cooler (meaning high 80’s), I saw the first cartons of egg nog in the stores, Mom got a Costco pumpkin pie (best deal around) & my favorites...Lacey’s.  I had to stop at the store on the way home from work to get some bread to go w/ Mom’s chicken & barley soup that she made for dinner.  I love that soup and it hit the spot.

I have a confession to make…I listened to Christmas music on the way home from work today.  I had a hankerin’ to listen to “It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year,” and y’all know you can’t deny a hankerin’.  I also have to confess that I was belting out the song along w/ Andy Williams and I started tearing up!  I am so excited about the holidays and all the great smells and foods and family and memories that come along w/ them.

P1080067As soon as we were done w/ dinner, Autumn started being hateful and mean.  Dad sat down and talked to her and snuggled her for a minute, and she was asleep in less than a few minutes.  I thought she would have adjusted to being in school by now, but it still wears her out.  We were commenting on how stinkin’ tall she is.  Look at how long her legs are!  Both Mom & I offered to take Autumn from him b/c we love snuggling w/ her when she’s asleep, but he said he’d keep her.  We finally had to wake her up so I could take her home.  She fell asleep as soon as we got back in the car & then went right to bed as soon as we got home.  Cute little worn out love bug!

No comments: