CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy 33rd Birthday To Me

P1080311 I accidentally left my phone at Mom & Dad’s last night, so Dad brought it to me this morning after seminary.  He also brought Autumn & I some doughnuts from our favorite place.  The rest of the morning was business as usual w/ getting ready, taking Autumn to school, and going to work.  I had a normal work morning and then went and met Mom & Aunt Jeri for lunch.  Mom got me a ring & pair of earrings that are SOOOOOOOOO me.  I love these ladies so much and am glad I got to spend time w/ them.

I went back to the office and got back to work.  About 30 minutes later, I looked up from my computer and saw Mom & Aunt Jeri walking into my office w/ a cake!  They sang “Happy Birthday” b/c they wanted everyone to know it was my birthday.  I had told them at lunch that we don’t really do anything for birthdays in our office, plus how do you tell everyone it’s your birthday w/out sounding vain or like you’re fishing for a compliment?  Anyways, that was super nice of them to do.  Mom even got some red gel to write “Happy Birthday Lisa” on it.

P1080320 Usually we get to pick what we want for our birthday dinner, but Mom & I decided to have my birthday dinner tomorrow since Mom has Scouts tonight & I have Young Women’s.  So, Autumn & I made some grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and then I had to rush off.  This was the GORGEOUS sunset that I got to enjoy.  Everyone sang to me during opening exercises, and I totally blushed.  The Beehives were in charge and they had a fun activity.  It was a game w/ the 13 Articles of Faith.  For every clue you unscrambled, you got a topping for your ice cream.  Then they had ice cream sundaes for dessert.

P1080323 I didn’t have one b/c I met Liz for dessert.  She came to the church to surprise me right as I was leaving to go pick her up.  LOL!  We just met up at Braum’s.  She got me the funniest card that sings.  I feel like such a bad friend b/c I haven’t seen her in so long.  But, we just talked and laughed and had a good ol’ time.  I’m so glad I got to spend time w/ her on my birthday.

P1080325 2 hours later, we finally said good bye and went our separate ways.  I walked in and was so excited to see that my usual dumping spot on the island in the kitchen had been cleared off!!!  I thought Nick had done that as a birthday present to me.

P1080326Then I turned the corner and saw this!  LOL!  I had to take a picture of it b/c this is real life, folks.  I spent the next 30 minutes clearing this off and putting things away where they go.  It felt so good to get that done.  Then I finished off my birthday by editing pictures and blogging while watching the Queen Latifah version of Steel Magnolias.

What a great 33rd birthday.  I hope this year will have lots of great things in store for me.  I got SO MANY birthday messages and wishes on Facebook, too.  I feel so loved and lucky to have such great family and friends.  I’m especially thankful to my Mom for my BIRTH day.  I really should be celebrating HER today.  I’m thankful Heavenly Father sent me to my family.  I won the jackpot on that one!

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Johnson said...

I hit the jackpot when you came to me. I love you so much. Mom